Sponsored

2 YouTubers going to be rebuilding engine themselves after warranty denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes she can, however she also has to accept responsibility for her actions. Throw a tune on the pcm and try to cover it up and get a warranty replacement? That's outright fraud and (attempted) theft. YouTube should ban her. A POS if you ask me.
I don’t disagree. I’m just referring to the comments about her assets.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
All YouTube is, is drama... If you are paying attention to these money seeking, attention seeking idiots on that platform you might as well be uploading pics of your dinner or cats on Facebook too (another platform I could give 2 frigs for and refuse to use because its mostly idiots).

Agree 1000000%.

Isn’t the whole point of YT to attract attention to one’s self gloating?

And as others have said - the points being made about her videos is this:

1) If you’re a gear head and regardless of any other talents - isn’t the content AND focal point of the video to be the subject matter (car, car parts, tech, R&R, whatever) - and NOT how one is dressed and flaunting themselves?

2) Whether it was she or someone else, she tried to pull a fast one by not disclosing the vehicle was modified, period. It’s people like her who really destroy the true credibility of others who do in fact have genuine warranty issues - but now have to jump through f’n hoops just to get a legit repair honored and completed in the right manner.

It’s not about her being a good looking person or being a female gear head - the problem most have about “her” and the majority of comments in this thread have tried to point out is exactly noted in the 2 points above - but many of the responses here are being misconstrued as those people “hating” on her.

Why not put up a vid being transparent and stating that she tried just to scam Ford? Oh wait, yes that’s right, because that wouldn’t get so many YT “likes” or “Thumbs ups” or jack her viewing count to being able to cash in the YT revenue stream.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Agree 1000000%.

Isn’t the whole point of YT to attract attention to one’s self gloating?

And as others have said - the points being made about her videos is this:

1) If you’re a gear head and regardless of any other talents - isn’t the content AND focal point of the video to be the subject matter (car, car parts, tech, R&R, whatever) - and NOT how one is dressed and flaunting themselves?

2) Whether it was she or someone else, she tried to pull a fast one by not disclosing the vehicle was modified, period. It’s people like her who really destroy the true credibility of others who do in fact have genuine warranty issues - but now have to jump through f’n hoops just to get a legit repair honored and completed in the right manner.

It’s not about her being a good looking person or being a female gear head - the problem most have about “her” and the majority of comments in this thread have tried to point out is exactly noted in the 2 points above - but many of the responses here are being misconstrued as those people “hating” on her.

Why not put up a vid being transparent and stating that she tried just to scam Ford? Oh wait, yes that’s right, because that wouldn’t get so many YT “likes” or “Thumbs ups” or jack her viewing count to being able to cash in the YT revenue stream.
This guy deserves this...
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Michael Mack, Zander13, Stankmode, and just about anyone else with an S550 who's blown the "typewriter tick" thing way out of proportion in the past with follow the leader videos of noises and paranoia over DI engine noise. If you follow these idiots over the past 2 years, you'd swear that almost all coyote engines are junk and tick and are ready to blow up when in reality, less than 1% of them have issues or any sort of failure of any kind. One person makes a stupid video that gets some attention, then the rest of them, like lemmings jumping over a cliff need to follow along. You know its bad when you go to a car show and a Chevy guy you are talking too asks you if you are worried about your engine blowing up...when you ask them why they are asking you that, and they say well "seems like on YouTube a lot of people are concerned their engines are junk from Ford". If you don't like my criticism of millenials on the YT platform all playing follow the leader, and some of them don't even turn their own wrenches, and you wanna follow that drama and BS then okay, but to me, all that nonsense from people doesn't do anything positive for our Mustang community....unless you think drama and the chase for subs and money is a positive...I don't think it is.
I don't follow any of them, I do recognize the names though. I also don't think it has anything to do with them being Millennials.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I watched her video. A few things, she seemed to think because the air/filter looked new/replaced it resulted in Ford Corporate running ECU diagnostics and then discovering a tune. Yeah I doubt it, if Ford is on the hook for replacing a very expensive hand built Vodoo motor I bet you the air filter had nothing to do with it and it was standard practice to check the ECU.

I can't blame Ford for that. Otherwise she didn't seem to be blaming Ford and took responsibility. As she should. I watched a few of her other videos and I don't mind her but she's not really someone I would follow on Youtube. I think it is cool that she is learning how to wrench and not afraid to dive in, but she hopefully has learned a lesson about modifications on newer cars under warranty (and I am guessing with bank loans). Pay to play!

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
There is some really good content out there - PapadakisRacing for instance. It's not Ford, but it's well produced, good pacing and interesting stuff about engines and gearboxes.
I could watch his videos all day long. Great addition to the platform.

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The first rule of YT is to entertain, everything else is a distant second. If I want REAL & USEFUL information about my Mustang I come here.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The first rule of YT is to entertain, everything else is a distant second. If I want REAL & USEFUL information about my Mustang I come here.
For threads like these, right? :)

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Speaking of YouTubers and engine rebuilding, your content is right up my alley. I was watching you click off hot laps while I was in a hotel room in Japan. Great stuff.
Appreciate it! Although, I'm more of a monkey with access to a camera than a content creator :)

HB, how could I ever disagree with you! ;)
HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.