Sponsored

2 weeks in but finally stopped driving to post some pics!

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Race Red Mustang GT
G'day fellow Mustang owners/almost owners/wannabee owners!

I'm afraid its another one of those "Here's my new car thread", but i don't care cos its my one and it means i finally have my car! I cant believe that wait finally came to an end!

So here's some pics of my car and what we've been up to over the last couple of weeks...

Monday 20th October i had the phone call i'd been waiting for, my car had finally made it to the dealer at 3.30pm, and as i only work round the corner from the dealer i swung by to try and get a sneak preview,

The view through the dirty workshop shutters as the mechanics had left for the day. AAAHHH thats mine on the ramp! (the pics get clearer honest)

Spoke to my sales bloke who was brilliant, had a customer with him but showed me into the workshop and just left me in there until he was done so i could have a good look around!

Standard underseal pic (hot topic!)

Then i had to be prised away after agreeing collection on the Thursday. Now that was a painful 3 days. Didnt sleep much but then Thursday came round!

I'd sold my Scirocco 3 weeks earlier so i drove the misses's beast to the garage for pickup (after using it for work as well) street cred gone, the flower did no favours! Street cred was soon re-established though.

Made it inside for all the paperwork and was given the keys in a fancy unexpected presentation box (free keyring and caoster!)

Then it was mine!!!

Had the day off to celebrate and what better way than taking her straight down to Mike at Modurstang!

On the to do list:
- Roush Axle back
- Black 5.0 fender badges
- Number plate sorting (dealer went and drilled the bumpers didnt they!)
- LED bulbs
- GT350 starter button
- Black wheel nuts (not planned but Mike mentioned and look good!)

Got to Mike with about 50 miles on the clock which he was quite impressed with. I was more than happy, the drive home was far better than the drive there, what a difference an exhaust makes.

Big thanks to Mike, i was there for about 4 hours all in and they couldnt have been better

Some more miles in and i was finally home...

Then this weekend just gone, i thought it was time for a clean. Now normally I'm a take it to the Kosovan family round the corner and pay a tenner. But after seeing you guys upping the ante i thought i would get involved.

Dont get me wrong i wont be going into the detailing business soon but i bought the basics (i think!)

First attempt at snowfoam :frusty:

Second attempt :D

and i was happy with the results, until it started raining before i could even finish drying, i swear it was sunny when i started. Oh well, an excuse for another go this weekend!

Sorry about the overload pics, i'm a tad excited haha!

500 odd miles in and loving every second, literally everyone i know is arranging to see me (to see the car!), I park in a big glass office and it gets everyone looking. I was in a McDonalds the other day and someone just walked in and shouted asking who's is that Mustang. I had to then show him!

So much attention but what a car! Happy happy.

Peace out

Matt
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice one mate, loving the box you got, aint seen that before!

You going to do anything to the rear lights?

OP
OP
CoventryCapri

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yea quite a cool box, just had one of those pound coin key ring things and a coaster you can put your own pic in!

I've got some of the anchor room tints from heretian on here... But the white is growing on me! I don't know what to do so will prob just leave it for now, and I'll prob screw up the tints anyway haha

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Great post...nice pics too! Congrats :cheers:

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Great looking car. Best colour choice. Congrats :clap2:

Is that an aluminium plate you replaced the plastic holder with?

OP
OP
CoventryCapri

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Cheers folks, dead happy with it.

Still getting used to the power, nice and icey this morning made for an exciting drive to work!
[MENTION=25127]Spider[/MENTION] - yep aluminium plate, got it from number1plates, very happy with quality and could just bend around the bumper and over the holes!

Slinky

Almost Ordered.....
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a Daily
Great pics and great car :)

I'm busy getting the ducks in a row so I can hopefully pull the trigger on one soon (interested in what the MY18 will bring).

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Snap!

Looks lovely. I've yet to do anything to mine... I don't think I'll last long though.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Nice ride Mr :thumbsup:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me you deleted the "suitcase" resonator, I just can't believe you left that 22 lb monster on this new pony, get an SVE X-pipe and delete that dang suitcase pronto!

OP
OP
CoventryCapri

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Great pics and great car :)

I'm busy getting the ducks in a row so I can hopefully pull the trigger on one soon (interested in what the MY18 will bring).
I've no idea what MY18 may bring, but I ordered towards end of Feb '16 and that worked out about right for an early MY17 so not sure if the schedules will be the same!

Snap!

Looks lovely. I've yet to do anything to mine... I don't think I'll last long though.
Like i said above, an hour after getting it i was changing it.. The misses thought i was mad chopping up a brand new car!

Its the wait that did it, i ended up buying all the bits just to keep me occupied, you've done well to make it this far!

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
Thanks for all the pics! Car looks amazing.
Sponsored