Sponsored

2 sets of different wheels/tires - Alignment needed?

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I'm new to having two sets of wheels/tires for a vehicle.

I have a GT PP and will be using my original wheels 9"/9.5" for all-season tires this fall. I will put on stock tire sizes 255/40R19 and 275/40R19.

I'm looking at new summer wheels 9.5"/10" with 255/40R19 and 285/35/19 tires. Through online calculators it says the new tires will stick out 10mm more than stock. I'm OK with that.

Here's the question. Can I simply swap wheels each season or will any sort of alignment be required? I'm thinking that nothing needs to be done but I could be wrong and want to confirm it before I head down this road.
Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
OK, I'm new to having two sets of wheels/tires for a vehicle.

I have a GT PP and will be using my original wheels 9"/9.5" for all-season tires this fall. I will put on stock tire sizes 255/40R19 and 275/40R19.

I'm looking at new summer wheels 9.5"/10" with 255/40R19 and 285/35/19 tires. Through online calculators it says the new tires will stick out 10mm more than stock. I'm OK with that.

Here's the question. Can I simply swap wheels each season or will any sort of alignment be required? I'm thinking that nothing needs to be done but I could be wrong and want to confirm it before I head down this road.
Eventually, no matter what you do you will need an alignment. Why not pay a little extra and get a lifetime alignment, then you won't ever have to worry about it and just take it in for an alignment whenever you want.

But for your original question, no, swapping wheels won't require you to get an alignment. IMHO

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Eventually, no matter what you do you will need an alignment. Why not pay a little extra and get a lifetime alignment, then you won't ever have to worry about it and just take it in for an alignment whenever you want.

But for your original question, no, swapping wheels won't require you to get an alignment. IMHO
I paid $170 for lifetime alignments and have used it 3 times in a month already. :D And have another alignment scheduled for this weekend.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
You should be fine its not something that has a large OD change and or that your lowered so much you need to alter the application every time.
Sponsored