2 part question - Auto Start/Stop and battery replacement with tune

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Fisrt, for the guys/gals with the auto trans, are your cars equipped with the Auto Start/Stop? Just curious. My wife's Cherokee has it. It's kind of a PITA, but once you get used to it, it's not a big deal, unless you are in heavy stop and go traffic.

I bought my wife a Jeep Cherokee about 2 years ago. after about a year, it started shifting funny (holding lower gear too long) and the fuel milage was off by 35 to 40 percent. Jeep dealer said that there was a software update to the transmission. The update fixed the problem. About 2 years into the purchase, the battery had to be replaced (apparently, the Auto Start/Stop is hard on the battery). After the battery replacement, the transmission was acting like before, not shifting right and fuel milage was off. Took it back to Jeep, and they said that the battery replacement must have reset the transmission to the old version.

So my questions is, those of you that have aftermarket tunes, have you had an issue with replacing the battery and and then having issues with the tune?

Kind of long, I know, but I'm getting the FRPP 2 installed in a couple of weeks and this came to mind.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
No auto start/stop in the Mustang, that was a huge annoyance when I had a loan Escape for a week.

No issues removing/disconnecting/replacing the battery and your tune.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
No auto start/stop in the Mustang, that was a huge annoyance when I had a loan Escape for a week.

No issues removing/disconnecting/replacing the battery and your tune.
Good to know, thanks. And sorry about you not getting Photo of the Month for Feb. I thought it was an outstanding pic of your car.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
No worries on that, just like taking pics of the car and if others like it, good for them. Otherwise it just looks awesome on my desktop :)

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Disconnecting the battery for an extended period of time will reset the KAM but cannot have any effect on the tune.

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
My F-150 has auto start/stop. I had it tuned and they disabled that feature so no more issues.