Sponsored

2 Open recalls on a mustang a bad sign?

Haoie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Mustang GT
Looking at this very slightly used 2020 Mustang GT prem, has the color and options I've been looking for but has the brake pedal bracket recall as well as the rear view camera recall. Has anyone gone through the process of these recalls? Would it be worth still looking into?
Sponsored

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Looking at this very slightly used 2020 Mustang GT prem, has the color and options I've been looking for but has the brake pedal bracket recall as well as the rear view camera recall. Has anyone gone through the process of these recalls? Would it be worth still looking into?
Definitely still worth looking into. The recalls are nothing to worry about and can be fixed by the dealer free of charge.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'd pass on it, pedal recall only affects auto's...
Of the two open recalls, the brake pedal on is by far the more important one to get fixed.

OP hasn't said which transmission the car he's looking at has, but I can't see an open recall for the AT showing up on a MT car. Even if it's there in error, it should still be easy enough to get it removed.

Norm

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Of the two open recalls, the brake pedal on is by far the more important one to get fixed.

OP hasn't said which transmission the car he's looking at has, but I can't see an open recall for the AT showing up on a MT car. Even if it's there in error, it should still be easy enough to get it removed.

Norm

Ford didn't issue the recall notice for manual cars. My brother in law got one for his, I did not. I heckle him about the auto then he walks away from me. Lol

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ford didn't issue the recall notice for manual cars.
Understood.

I was just including the possibility - however unlikely - that a recall notice could have somehow been issued in error.

Norm

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Go for it, the recall fixes should be relatively painless.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Iā€™ve never gotten one for my 2020 GT A10. I Think it was built in August or September. Of course I have gotten about 18 letters trying to get me to sign up for Ford Pass and an Extended Warranty, neither of which I have any interest in.

Ford must somehow make a ton of money off Ford Pass. Theyā€™ve even had the salesman call and harass me about it.

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium - PP1, 401a, A10, AE
I had to go through this process (brake pedal recall) when I purchased my 2020. That was the only recall on the car. I had to sign a purchase order to say Iā€™ll buy the car then the dealership put in the order for the replacement part. This was back in November when shit wasnā€™t soo crazy in the market. It took a month for the part to come in and like a day for the repair. Very stressful but worth it imo. Fucking love my car haha

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I had my car in for the brake pedal recall a couple of days ago. First appointment was to inspect the assembly - there is a production number on the part and only certain numbers are effected by the recall. Mine was. They ordered the part which took a week to come in. For the install, I was in and out of the dealership in 30 minutes.

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
i work for a dealer and mine still has the open recall. does that mean my car isnt well taken care of? NO! i just dont have the time to get it in, and its not driven often. Ive inspected it myself and a ford tech has as well. Hes stated at this time its ok and we will get it taken care of. You should be able to pull maint. records on it somewhere, but like alot of us we do our own maint too. Just look over the car real good, drive it and feel it out. Recalls dont mean anything. Some people dont even realize they've got one on their car.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Why would a recall be a bad sign? Half the car's or more on the road have some kind of recall on them.
I'm sure the dealer will be happy to do the recall work before you take delivery. In fact, I'm a bit surprised they haven't already.
I'd personally never disqualifie a car just because it has an open recall., it's too easy and simple to have the work done.
Sponsored