2 month impressions '19 GT manual

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a 16, just traded for a 19. I can definitely feel the power difference. Love the rev match downshift. No rattles or noises from the engine in the first 1000 miles.
You are lucky not to hear the ticking and rattling- hopefully you never will. I may have to downsize my fleet for financial reasons and debating whether to part with my GT or FIST. The engine 2-3K rattling sound may make the decision for me.. Other than the noise the car has been great so it's very tough decision.
Sponsored

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
you should do the steeda clutch spring swap. it'll blow your mind.
Still a band aid and still feels springy. Best to just knock that spring out completely IMO, free and feels better

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Whats the Steeda clutch spring do differently from the factory spring? Excuse my ignorance! More engaging experience? Easier to use? Thanks!
It makes the clutch pedal heavier. Some people insist that it makes a huge difference. I personally didn't like the feel on my GT350 and I prefer the stock pedal feel. It might be different on a GT, not sure. For me the clutch took a little while to get used to, but after driving the car for a while I was fine.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I also have an occasional creak/rattle coming from the rear passenger side. My '15 did the same thing. I don't know what it is. Not the seatbelt holder. Luckily I drive with the windows down mostly and it drowns it out.

Sponsored

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
It makes the clutch pedal heavier. Some people insist that it makes a huge difference. I personally didn't like the feel on my GT350 and I prefer the stock pedal feel. It might be different on a GT, not sure. For me the clutch took a little while to get used to, but after driving the car for a while I was fine.
Thanks for the perspective on that! I agree it took some time to get use to the clutch feel.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
The rattle from the dash is more common. The rattle from rear passenger area is now constant and it’s annoying.

Have seen other threads on how to address. Taped some harnesses down after pullling the trunk liner. Haven’t driven it yet to see if it was effective. There’s also the plastic panels I can pull.

My VW doesn’t rattle at all 4yrs 45kmi and this thing is making all kinds of noise with 1100 miles. This being my 3rd Ford that rattles (way more than any other car I’ve owned), it may be my last.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The rattle from the dash is more common. The rattle from rear passenger area is now constant and it’s annoying.

Have seen other threads on how to address. Taped some harnesses down after pullling the trunk liner. Haven’t driven it yet to see if it was effective. There’s also the plastic panels I can pull.

My VW doesn’t rattle at all 4yrs 45kmi and this thing is making all kinds of noise with 1100 miles. This being my 3rd Ford that rattles (way more than any other car I’ve owned), it may be my last.
My Mustang GT will also be my last Ford. While my Fiesta ST has been absolutely great and my GT has no rattles at all the engine ticking, valve noise on mine and the fact that so many others have it too will discourage me from buying another Ford. I don't think highly of Chevy either after my issues with my past 2017 Camaro. Next car might be awhile as I am keeping my ST and going to mod it for more power. But if/when I do buy it will most likely be a Honda.
Sponsored