OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Your car looks awesome!

just out of curiosity, you had a 2015 with a supercharger, no? what made you sell that car and buy a 18??
I sold the '15 b/c I was kinda "over" it. The Whipple made the car nearly impossible to launch off the line with the 3.73s, and it rode pretty harsh. In hindsight, I probably should have still kept it. I got the V8 itch again, so that's why I got the '19 (not '18). And in all honesty, I like driving the '19 much more. It has more than enough power for the street, the gearing is better/more spaced out, much more comfortable ride than my '15 PP which was also lowered by 1st owner.
I know boost is all the rage but IMO it felt like overkill for the street. But mine came that way when I bought it and the price was really good. This car has zero mods except for the wheels/tires. I'll eventually get the windows tinted but that will be it. This car needs nothing IMO. Adding any more mods would just be a way for me to throw money away, which won't be happening.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Nice and I love the wheels. I can’t stand black wheels but many love them so ... okay.

Manuals are so much more fun. I could see it if I needed a auto for commuting or going to the drag strip but for hooligans, sticks are the way to go.
Actually if I could have gotten my wheels in black, I would have. But only available in this silverish/gray.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
you should do the steeda clutch spring swap. it'll blow your mind.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I sold the '15 b/c I was kinda "over" it. The Whipple made the car nearly impossible to launch off the line with the 3.73s, and it rode pretty harsh. In hindsight, I probably should have still kept it. I got the V8 itch again, so that's why I got the '19 (not '18). And in all honesty, I like driving the '19 much more. It has more than enough power for the street, the gearing is better/more spaced out, much more comfortable ride than my '15 PP which was also lowered by 1st owner.
I know boost is all the rage but IMO it felt like overkill for the street. But mine came that way when I bought it and the price was really good. This car has zero mods except for the wheels/tires. I'll eventually get the windows tinted but that will be it. This car needs nothing IMO. Adding any more mods would just be a way for me to throw money away, which won't be happening.
I so agree that the car needs nothing. Many want to add mods- lowering, super chargers- it's fine, to each his or her own. But to me the car is fine as it is and so not like my Fiestas ST or a 4 cylinder car, which I want to add power with intakes, exhaust, larger intercooler, etc- which adds up quickly. I got the GT as is has more than ample power, handling and sound and that it is fine as is and won't need any mods at all.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yeah, even though a 1000 hp centri setup sounds fun the useability of that kind of power on the street is pretty limited. I third that the power is pretty good and with just with E85 tuning the a10 goes. Plenty of fun on the street. Just enjoyed a little run in Mexico up to 127 mph. Good for the soul.

Ford Guy V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wow a lot of others upgraded from a focus st here. I miss being able to throw my car around like I did with my focus, but I get far more smiles per mile in on mustang.

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
I miss being able to throw my car around like I did with my focus, but I get far more smiles per mile in on mustang.
I was considering Focus RS and Mustang GT. I test drove both of them for 2 weeks each. Focus RS was overall more practical, faster in city driving (European roads), more economic and more "nimble" on track.
But Mustang gave me big smile even when backing out of the parking space near supermarket and cruising 50km/h when driving through city. So I decided for Mustang.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow a lot of others upgraded from a focus st here. I miss being able to throw my car around like I did with my focus, but I get far more smiles per mile in on mustang.
I don't miss my Focus ST much anymore. It was a harsh ride and while it handled great, it was the slowest 250hp, I've ever experienced.

chipset35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Ditto, ditto, and ditto!
I have the same car and options as you do except its race red.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I was considering Focus RS and Mustang GT. I test drove both of them for 2 weeks each. Focus RS was overall more practical, faster in city driving (European roads), more economic and more "nimble" on track.
But Mustang gave me big smile even when backing out of the parking space near supermarket and cruising 50km/h when driving through city. So I decided for Mustang.
I owned a 2016 RS for a few years and can agree with your assessment. It has its merits in that normal daily driving you can really engage the performance more than the Mustang, However when you have an open road or ramp the GT is just soooo much more fun. The every day sound from the GT is such a pleasure. The RS is also quite a bit more harsh on rough roads. The RS was much more rare obviously if that matters.

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Couple ideas

1. How much spacing is there between your brakes and the wheels. I have seen people with the GT350 getting rocks caught in the space between calipers and wheels making noise.

2. I had a rattle from my center console area for a while and it was driving me insane. Turns out it was my garage door opener (plastic on plastic). I think someone else mentioned this too. Might be worth taking everything out and driving to see if its still there with the center console empty.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ideas

1. How much spacing is there between your brakes and the wheels. I have seen people with the GT350 getting rocks caught in the space between calipers and wheels making noise.

2. I had a rattle from my center console area for a while and it was driving me insane. Turns out it was my garage door opener (plastic on plastic). I think someone else mentioned this too. Might be worth taking everything out and driving to see if its still there with the center console empty.
1)Looks like plenty of clearance between brakes/wheels. Can't imagine rocks getting stuck there but who knows. Hasn't done this recently.
1)Definitely not the garage door opener. I know those often rattle when put on the visor, I always keep mine under the armrest console b/c of that and it doesn't make a peep. Dash rattle/squeak is also very occasional too so I don't notice all that much.

Car is really a nice beast to drive. Even at normal speeds, it's great. I think the manual helps a ton in that regard for me.

KE5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I had a 16, just traded for a 19. I can definitely feel the power difference. Love the rev match downshift. No rattles or noises from the engine in the first 1000 miles.

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
you should do the steeda clutch spring swap. it'll blow your mind.
Whats the Steeda clutch spring do differently from the factory spring? Excuse my ignorance! More engaging experience? Easier to use? Thanks!
Sponsored