Sponsored

2.7L Ecoboost engine on Gen-7 Mustang EB?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yet your own example has the Stang GT running a 15.0 and people have regularly done 15.1-.2 in a stock Probe GT.

May wanna check your own link and actually READ the numbers: Better power/weight ratio, only $300 price difference(they mention a $200 discount on the GT), smaller/worse tire,(but was still just .01 less skidpad), better braking (By almost 50ft @ 80!), quieter car, better MPG.

The Probe was clearly a better over all car. It just wasn't shouty like the V8 was. Hell, in the late 80's even the Taurus SHO was a drivers race with the Stang GT. instock form that 5.0 was JUNK by the late 80's compared to the new tech that was out.
Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Is someone really arguing power to weight ratio comparing a probe to a RWD V8 pony car? Sounds like something a Honda owner would do.. no offense.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Yet your own example has the Stang GT running a 15.0 and people have regularly done 15.1-.2 in a stock Probe GT.

May wanna check your own link and actually READ the numbers: Better power/weight ratio, only $300 price difference(they mention a $200 discount on the GT), smaller/worse tire,(but was still just .01 less skidpad), better braking (By almost 50ft @ 80!), quieter car, better MPG.

The Probe was clearly a better over all car. It just wasn't shouty like the V8 was. Hell, in the late 80's even the Taurus SHO was a drivers race with the Stang GT. instock form that 5.0 was JUNK by the late 80's compared to the new tech that was out.
Me check the numbers? It was slower...by a wide margin. Read it.

And people have run stock notchbacks in the high 13's. Any way you cut it, the probe was far slower than the mustang...and more expensive...and had a shitty FWD setup. Sorry, try again.

As for the SHO, it may have been able to keep up with the auto GT's...but again was no match for any manual mustang. And it was over $6000 more to boot!

http://www.motortrend.com/news/american-car-faceoff/

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Is someone really arguing power to weight ratio comparing a probe to a RWD V8 pony car? Sounds like something a Honda owner would do.. no offense.
I don't even know why he's arguing. The probe was slow...and ugly...and was FWD. I gave him the head to head numbers...I'm not sure what else there is to argue.

As for the SHO, loved the engine (maintenance sucked though)...but the rest of the car was utter shit.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Agreed. And as soon as he called Foxbodies shit, he lost all validity. As if the prob is as iconic as a Foxbody mustang. Lol. !!the probe was fords attempt at the FWD performance market and it failed.

I don't even know why he's arguing. The probe was slow...and ugly...and was FWD.

As for the SHO, loved the engine (maintenance sucked though)...but the rest of the car was utter shit.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Agreed. And as soon as he called Foxbodies shit, he lost all validity. As if the prob is as iconic as a Foxbody mustang. Lol. !!the probe was fords attempt at the FWD performance market and it failed.
:cheers:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Loved my notchback! Probe's weren't even a second thought on the street....seriously. :lol:

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I love my Foxbodies also. Eventually I will have another one. I never paid attention to any Probe made. Usually ricers own them anyways. Lol.

Loved my notchback! Probe's weren't even a second thought on the street....seriously. :lol:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I agree that the issue with the Probe was the FWD.

I’d love to see a smaller RWD “BRZ-sized” 4cyl Turbo “Baby-Mustang” to be sold alongside the regular Mustang.

Probe Base - 180HP 1.5L Ecoboost
Probe GT - 240HP 2.0L Ecoboost
Probe BOSS - 280HP 2.3L Ecoboost
Probe Cobra - 350HP 2.3L Ecoboost

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
brew city boost just tuned a f150 2.7 with stage 3 turbos and e-50 and it made 500 rwhp/tq

Sponsored