Sponsored

2.5 Roush w xpipe vs same setup w 3 inch cutouts how much power am I leaving on the table (boosted)

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I’m going boosted with an lpf turbo kit which will replace the cats anyways and I already have a 2.5 inch xpipe/ Roush quad setup.

Was thinking of adding qtp cutouts that are 3 inch but because of space issues and maintenance issues on them was wondering how much power I’m leaving on the table ?

Thus is gonna be purely a street car looking for 700-750 to the wheels but you never know as I might wanna turn it up one day.

How bad will this 2.5 exhaust hurt me ?
Sponsored

Guid.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would say maybe around 20-25whp in your scenario comparing peak to peak. Most of the lower end of the rpm range will look very similar but beyond 4500-5000rpm the 3 inch setup really begins to shine. The biggest restriction would be the stock manifold and the neck down 2.25 inch pipes but you don’t have to worry about that with a turbo kit

OP
OP
Mike K.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I would say maybe around 20-25whp in your scenario comparing peak to peak. Most of the lower end of the rpm range will look very similar but beyond 4500-5000rpm the 3 inch setup really begins to shine. The biggest restriction would be the stock manifold and the neck down 2.25 inch pipes but you don’t have to worry about that with a turbo kit

Cool thanks that’s not too bad
Sponsored