Camaro 2.0 or Mustang 2.3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nasty99z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 z28 with full bolt-ons and a mwc fab9
Update: met another American guy near me with a 2014 ATS 3.6. He has a diablosport tune, Magnaflow cat back and K&N CAI. We did some friendly pulls on the Autobahn and I can tell you it is no contest for the EBM, he was pulling slightly on me until around 120 kph (Damm automatic in them is good) but after that it was no contest. Not really worried about non V8 Camaros now! GM really screwed up putting the 2.0t below the V6 since 2.0 owners will be owning V6s with nothing but a tune.
It's really no different than ecoboost guys smoking gt's with just a tune and tire. You can't compare modded vs stock.
Sponsored

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I would say the 2.0T will be faster stock vs stock than the 2.3t in the ecoboost. Numbers from the manufacturer show the 2.0t at 5.4 0 to 60. GM is generally conservative with acceleration numbers (minus ZL1 apparently. I wasn't following that debate and don't intend to.). Test results from multiple magazines (I know not pro drivers or perfect scenarios) show 5.6 for the ecoboost. As far as mods go I think both will be about equal. It is amazing what people are able to pull out of these little motors.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I would say the 2.0T will be faster stock vs stock than the 2.3t in the ecoboost. Numbers from the manufacturer show the 2.0t at 5.4 0 to 60. GM is generally conservative with acceleration numbers (minus ZL1 apparently. I wasn't following that debate and don't intend to.). Test results from multiple magazines (I know not pro drivers or perfect scenarios) show 5.6 for the ecoboost. As far as mods go I think both will be about equal. It is amazing what people are able to pull out of these little motors.
Doesn't matter whether modded vs modded or stock v stock the mustang will win 9/10 between the 2.0 and 2.3

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Doesn't matter whether modded vs modded or stock v stock the mustang will win 9/10 between the 2.0 and 2.3
We will see. I think the 2.0T is going to surprise a lot of people.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Let's do the Time Warp again !!!! Holy sh**, man. Nobody would equate mullets with Camaros these days unless they still drink Old Milwaukee or PBR. "Tard box" ?? Are you 9 years old?

OK...How about we stay with old stereotypes and say the latest Mustang is a chick car only driven by secretaries?? Both cars are great. Both sides (Camaro and Mustang) need to stop the blind fanboi bias.

Idk... I know some fine ladies that drive Mustangs. Haha

But really. The stereotype crap is used by people with absolutely no argument except that they're upset someone else likes something different than they do and they think insults win arguments like they did in 5th grade...

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
[MENTION=15821]Bigt84[/MENTION], [MENTION=14513]krahooligan[/MENTION], [MENTION=11572]Tm@c1965[/MENTION] As the only 3 who voted for the Camaro, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

The only thing I can think of is that they're going to possibly have better aftermarket support? But it might end up being about the same.

Considering that the Camaro's 4cyl is the entry motor and the Mustang's is the mid grade, I'd really hope the Mustang would be the winner here. Otherwise someone needs to go back to the drawing board.

I loved the EB when I drove it. Wouldn't mind having one for a DD.

Edit: 8 speed wins as well.

Last edited:

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
The 8-speed is really the game changer in the camaro. So the 2.0 will be faster, just because of the ancient transmissions in the mustang.

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Can't wait for the motortrend comparison with an auto camaro 2.0t on 93 oct and a manual EB on 87 oct...

But seriously, wondering if Cobb or what other popular tuners will support the camaro turbo. Also as Glenn G talked about, if chevy is gonna choke the turbo camaro with a crap tune and parts. Especially since they placed it below the V6.

I'm back on the stock Ford tune for the winter, it's so awful. -_-

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
i'm going to say no it wont i don't think they will sale that many first of all you know how chevy Folks are bigger is better a
Punctuation : The use of standard marks and signs in writing and printing to separate words into sentences, clauses, and phrases in order to clarify meaning.

To proofread is to look over a piece of writing for errors, watching out for spelling mistakes and grammar problems.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Punctuation : The use of standard marks and signs in writing and printing to separate words into sentences, clauses, and phrases in order to clarify meaning.

Sell vs. Sale:

Sell (verb) - to give up, deliver or exchange for money

People who move often sell unwanted items instead of packing them.
Sale (noun) - the act of selling; the work, department, etc. of selling

After Christmas sales always bring in the bargain shoppers.
Dude it's not a spelling bee or college exam! Nobody's grading you on your Mustang forum skills!:headbonk:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
out of all the forums i've been to, it is quite annoying trying to figure out what some people are trying to say here sometimes....

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
Dude it's not a spelling bee or college exam! Nobody's grading you on your Mustang forum skills!:headbonk:
Jeez, man. A basic grasp of the English language is not too much to ask for, even on a Mustang enthusiast forum. :paddle:

BayAreaRacing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang v6
As far as I'm concerned the turbo Camaro is said to go head to head with the v6 2015 mustang and the Eco boost mustang go against the v6 Camaro but hey I could be wrong.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox

To proofread is to look over a piece of writing for errors, watching out for spelling mistakes and grammar problems.

My phone won't even let me get away with not capitalizing the beginning of a sentence, much less capitalizing one random ass word in the middle of it...
Sponsored