Sponsored

1st thing to do when i pick up new car?

paul_g

Interesting how those without certs tell people that certs are worthless. On the contrary... I took the time out of my schedule, booked a flight to go to Florida (From NH at the time), put forth the effort to get off my rear end and go do something worthwhile. I spent the entire weekend with Mike Phillips of Competition Ready / Autogeek, 10 written exams and two hour skills validation with Mike Phillips hovering over me watching every bit of the exam.

I was with a world class of individuals working on their certs as well. One gentlemen was on the USAF Air Force One detailing team. I guess he's worthless as Jack too...

Getting the cert was one of the most memorable moments in my detailing, as a bonus Mike and team and I got to wet sand, scuff and buff, and polish out a 1948 Willies Jeepster.

I'm getting DAMN tired of people on this forum ridiculing others for actually getting out into the world to make something of themselves, taking personal responsibility, making an effort to dedicate ones self to the study and effort of bettering themselves.

I guess all that just means I'm a worthless piece of Jack as you say.

Why bother going to someone who practices medicine who has a medical degree and license to practice medicine? I guess that plaque on the wall is worth "Jack" as you say. Perhaps we should have our medical routines done in the back seats of Chevy's in an alley somewhere.

This is the only forum where I hear IDA, ASE, and any other certs are worth Jack. Well I for one sir have put forth effort... and it means more than Jack to me.. If you've read my posts ALL OF THEM above this one, you will how dedicated I am to my knowledge, skill and trying to help others.

But then again, what do I know other than "Jack".
Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Wow, you really took that personally. I didn't even quote you...

Let me clarify, I've made no statement about your skills or knowledge. I don't even know you. ALL I am saying is that IDA certification is not a guarantee that the detailer knows what they're doing.

By the way:

Interesting how those without certs
IMG_8187.jpg

I stand by my assertion that IDA certification is no guarantee of anything other than the fact that one can easily pass a simple test and skills test.

Not ONCE has one of my clients inquired about the IDA, or my certification. It isn't relevant. They do good things for the industry, but they're not known outside the detailing world.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not ONCE has one of my clients inquired about the IDA, or my certification. It isn't relevant. They do good things for the industry, but they're not known outside the detailing world.
To back up that point, I've never heard of it before this thread just now. I don't know why the other guy is saying only this forum is saying the certs aren't worth anything, I've literally never seen it referenced before these posts so nobody else on here can be saying they're useless.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
To back up that point, I've never heard of it before this thread just now. I don't know why the other guy is saying only this forum is saying the certs aren't worth anything, I've literally never seen it referenced before these posts so nobody else on here can be saying they're useless.
If one looks around the industry, there is a similar sentiment out there, not by all, but some. So this is definitely not the first place that anyone has said that an IDA certification isn't some "detailing god degree."

Don't get me wrong, as I said the IDA does and has done good things, but it really doesn't amount to a hill of beans when it comes to my bottom line. There are some real high-level detailers without the certification, and there are huge hacks with it. The internet has muddied the waters. People are not always what they seem.. It's a piece of paper. And frankly, a monkey could pass the written tests. The study guides can be found online. I'm not saying I wasted my money, but I don't intend to renew the certification.

As I said, there are more important things to an operation than a certification.

I'd say the biggest benefit of IDA to detailers is their webinars. Educational, though I don't have time to really participate in them these days.

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
04 40th Ann Mustang, 2015 Mustang
I will start off by saying I don't think I want to ceramic coat the new car. With that said what should I do when I get the car home? Wash, clay bar, wash? Then what is best to get a good clean car and what is a good sealant to use? This will be a daily driver so I know its gonna get its road wear but I want to protect it initially. I live in Hawaii so lots of rain and sea water. Thanks.
Wizard wax
Sponsored