Sponsored

1st oil change: Went great and then #%*!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Interesting they changed filter design on the GT350?
Those small pieces where in the filter when they first start the engine. Nothing to worry about.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
OP
OP

Flat Rock Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So the filter did exactly what it was supposed to do and that's a downer?
Pai Mei witticisms aside, allow me to not be misconstrued...finding any metal that was floating around in that engine was the downer, most certainly NOT that the filter caught them (yep, filter worked great). Being that this was the first time I've ever been able to analyze the original oil filter after engine break in (a cartridge type at that) and given the short but active history of issues with oil usage/failures with this otherwise magnificent engine, I didn't think that some concern was unjustified. BTW I did also state in the OP that my initial concerns may be unfounded...

Regardless, after getting more information re: pieces of flashing being a somewhat common thing, I'm feeling a whole helluva lot better that things are as they should be...but as we all know, the oil analysis will tell a lot more.:cheers:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
This is typical of the Voodoo. I can't say I've ever experienced seeing this in other initial oil changes, but I've changed two initial changes on Voodoos and this is so minimal compared to those it's kinda funny. Let your imagination run wild on this photo, this was an engine from the first 20% of MY16, but still, it's freaking glitter.

Those engines were just fine by the way, ran them 5k and 10k respectively with no consumption or any other issue.
IMG_0979.jpg

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Looks like gold glitter...
Brass or bronze? Hmmm maybe just aluminum looks gold because of the oil.
Sponsored