1st Mods on 2020 GT500

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
This is my plan...did a single 3" x 100' roll do the trick? And did you do the Pillars or fender panels as well? And is your stripe vinyl or painted, I was concerned about how they might damage the stripes.
Yes...one roll will be sufficient for temp use and it did not damage the vinyl stripe (nor would it damage painted stripes). Good luck!

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I use a Wireless Apple CarPlay Adapter (CPLAY2AIR) and don't like it plugged into the USB port in the dash so I replaced the single USB module in the console storage with a dual USB module (HC3T-14F014-BD). I needed a dual USB in the console storage because I use a USB LED light (ice blue color) to light up the storage area. While I could have just bought a USB adapter for the 12 volt outlet in there, I wanted to keep that free for future additions/mods.

IMG_26111900.jpg
Was that just a plug and play swap for the single USB that comes from the factory?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Was that just a plug and play swap for the single USB that comes from the factory?
Yes it was however, depending on the OEM wiring and configuration of your car, if you have a USB port below the radio, it may render that one useless after installing this double USB part in the console. When I was using the wireless CarPlay device I had no need for the USB below the radio but I have since stopped using that device (didn't like the sound quality) and wanted to use the USB below the radio so swapped back to the OEM single USB part in the console.

Last edited: