1st Mods on 2020 GT500

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
NAH....who needs a machine shop. I didn't want to wait so i just used grinder, cutoff wheel and belt sander to accomplish the same thing, and no one would be the wiser, plus chucking it up might have caused issues and marks.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Roger that, thanks, Tony. I don't guess many would have access to a machine shop.
A good machinist buddy of mine took my cap to work with him and milled it down to perfection. No personal access to a machine shop, but access via friendship for the win.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah i have one of those friends but i was to impatient to wait on a saturday afternoon.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More goodies. My coil/valve covers came back painted correctly. And since i had to remove my rear bumper (replaced valance as it was damaged in transit) i went ahead and got my taillights, reflectors, and reverse light tinted/painted. Haven't had time to put them on yet.

coil covers 2.jpg

tinted stuff.jpg

tinted stuff2.jpg

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Some quick photos of the ambient lighting I installed last week. For the cup holders I bought the Ford OEM ones that have the lighting built in. There are three power leads going to them (Red, Green and Blue LED) and a ground. I powered the green LED fully but put a variable resister on the blue LED power to bring it down so I could get the Ice Blue (aqua) color to match the rest of the interior controls. Picked up the power for this from the parking switch lighting.

As for the doors and footwells, I used an LED strip that has the three colors in each LED. With the strip, you can cut it to any length you want as long as it is every three LED's and soldier your own wiring onto the cut strip. I bought two strips each are 15" long. I cut one 3 LED section to use for the door handles but only used one LED and put it over the hole that is in the door handle that is for the OEM ambient light LED. I cut a 6 LED strip and put it in the back of the storage bin in the door that has a slot to come through. The remaining LED's that were left on the 15" strip which is now about 8" long I put in the foot wells. As with the cup holder, I wired the green LED with full power but put a variable resistor on the blue LED power and brought it down to 8.6 volts which to my eye matched the Ice Blue color of the dash controls. I got the power for the door LED's from the power window switch lighting and for the footwells, I taped off of the headlamp control lighting. The cup holders and footwells will dim with the dash board dimmer but the doors do not since the door window switches do not dim with the dash dimmer. It all looks great at night.

It is hard to get a good photo with the lights being so dim and the colors don't show up all the same. The lights definitely look better in person. They also look brighter in the photos than they actually are.

IMG_1190.jpeg
IMG_1191.jpeg
IMG_1245.jpeg
IMG_1226.jpeg
IMG_1198500.jpg
IMG_1288500.jpg
NZ7_4707500500.jpg
Wow! This is amazing! I really would like to add these lights to mine as well, but it seems like a lot of work that I can't commit to lol.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Wow! This is amazing! I really would like to add these lights to mine as well, but it seems like a lot of work that I can't commit to lol.
Should've come this way from the factory given Premium ecoboosts/GTs are all kitted out with this stuff. Was peeved to find that out.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've liked the tinted tail light look since Mark (@marklboris ) did his. They look so much better than the clash of the OEM red lenses, at least on a Rapid Red vehicle.
I seriously debated this because Race Red of ALL colors is the least 'Clash'. So it works stock or tinted IMO. Consensus with friends and wife was all black panel looked better. Once you paint them its pretty much no going back. Hard to tell right now with no spoiler and just rear shot, But i think with 3/4 view and spoiler back on will look good. Would never look bad just debate if better than stock. I am pleasantly surprised how well the black matches the center panel...thats always a tricky one to match black shiny plastic.

tinted stuff3.jpg

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Had my calipers and soon-to-be mounted Signature set (need those lugs, T) ceramic coated. That count as a mod? Probably not. Thinking about those euro clear tinted lights for my own car.

20201105_181606.jpg