Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
The little things......

valve caps.jpg
Better not leave those on the car when you take it to discount tire or equivalent. Something else will be on there and they’ll say the caps were lost. Or 2 out of the 4 will still be there and you’ll have black caps on the other valve stems.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
These are metal which some people have issues with ..... I have never cared.
They're a potential issue for those driving their cars in inclement weather, and/or in states which use chemicals on the roads in winter. In these cases, they tend to form a permanent bond to the brass valve stem when their owner least expects it, requiring eventual removal and replacement of said stems on all four wheels. Don't ask how I know....

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some details. Custom domed Cobra emblems for my BC Forged center caps and for my Shelby aluminum engine cap set. Will post pictures once i put them on.

emblems.jpg

emblems2.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice!

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Some details. Custom domed Cobra emblems for my BC Forged center caps and for my Shelby aluminum engine cap set. Will post pictures once i put them on.

emblems.jpg
Very nice. I’ve always liked those subtle mods that really make a big difference as part of a package. OEM style center caps on aftermarket wheels is a perfect example.
Where did you find those? I’d like to order a set.
-J

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried not to get to crazy with 'cobras'. Put them on the wheels, coolant reservoir, and oil cap. These were made to fit the Shelby aluminum caps.

cobra emblem1.jpg

cobra emblem2.jpg

cobra emblem3.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
These were made to fit the Shelby aluminum caps.
cobra emblem2.jpg
I like your overlays buddy.

I noticed that you also installed the Shelby coolant tank. Is your rain tray still installed on the hood vent? After installing my Shelby aluminum tank, and the same caps you have, I noticed the cap hits the rain tray ever so slightly. It was noticeable to me because I painted the rain tray gloss black to install the snake decal from @kilobravo. I am not sure if I would have noticed, if the tray was left unpainted.

First, I had a machinist buddy of mine mill down the bottom edge of the cap to get it to sit lower, but it still hit. Then I reworked the fan shroud assembly to drop the tank lower. The top of the cap now sits at exactly the same height as the top of the stock cap, on the stock de-gas bottle. Did you notice any of this?

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like your overlays buddy.

I noticed that you also installed the Shelby coolant tank. Is your rain tray still installed on the hood vent? After installing my Shelby aluminum tank, and the same caps you have, I noticed the cap hits the rain tray ever so slightly. It was noticeable to me because I painted the rain tray gloss black to install the snake decal from @kilobravo. I am not sure if I would have noticed, if the tray was left unpainted.

First, I had a machinist buddy of mine mill down the bottom edge of the cap to get it to sit lower, but it still hit. Then I reworked the fan shroud assembly to drop the tank lower. The top of the cap now sits at exactly the same height as the top of the stock cap, on the stock de-gas bottle. Did you notice any of this?
I haven't actually installed the shelby cap yet, just test fitted, because i was not sure whether i was going to paint them or leave them silver. Now that i decided with black cobras i will leave them silver. I think the contrast is perfect.

I noticed immediately the tank didn't sit quite right onto the 500 plastic shroud. I modified accordingly so that it fell into and bottomed out on the bottom slot. Didn't get quite as invasive as you did but it sits like the stock tank now.

I also noticed the shelby cap for the coolant tank bottomed out on shelby aluminum tank. So i will machine off the bottom however much i need to, to allow the cap to tighten all the way without hitting tank.

Are you saying that after doing this it will still possibly hit rain tray? I plan to paint my rain tray so i guess i need to figure that out beforehand.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't actually installed the shelby cap yet, just test fitted, because i was not sure whether i was going to paint them or leave them silver. Now that i decided with black cobras i will leave them silver. I think the contrast is perfect.

I noticed immediately the tank didn't sit quite right onto the 500 plastic shroud. I modified accordingly so that it fell into and bottomed out on the bottom slot. Didn't get quite as invasive as you did but it sits like the stock tank now.

I also noticed the shelby cap for the coolant tank bottomed out on shelby aluminum tank. So i will machine off the bottom however much i need to, to allow the cap to tighten all the way without hitting tank.

Are you saying that after doing this it will still possibly hit rain tray? I plan to paint my rain tray so i guess i need to figure that out beforehand.
Im saying that what I did worked, and it no longer hits. Plenty of clearance.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed this weekend that the JLT front strut covers are rubbing on the hood ever so slightly...both sides. So if you are running strut covers might check.

Also had to shave off about 3/16 of the bottom of the shelby cap to work on the shelby tank....you would think they would have made them compatible.

jlt cover rub.jpg

jlt cover rub 2.jpg

shelby cap machined.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
How much had to be milled off the cap, Tony and I completely agree, their fitment seems to leave a lot to be desired based on your experience.

Don't have the strut tower caps but thanks for the info.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much had to be milled off the cap, Tony and I completely agree, their fitment seems to leave a lot to be desired based on your experience.

Don't have the strut tower caps but thanks for the info.
Basically the lower edge has to be removed, you could leave a little bit, but it was so small it became sharp so i removed it completely.