Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tony: Your energy and enthusiasm are quite something and it shows in the final results. I too love everything you've done except the side scoops. I didn't like them on the original either so it is not your implementation. :cool:

I wish I still had that kind of energy but a hearty WELL DONE, dude!

On another subject, I'm rather curious about the license plate...I'm guessing it's special.

KB

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Tony: Your energy and enthusiasm are quite something and it shows in the final results. I too love everything you've done except the side scoops. I didn't like them on the original either so it is not your implementation. :cool:

I wish I still had that kind of energy but a hearty WELL DONE, dude!

On another subject, I'm rather curious about the license plate...I'm guessing it's special.

KB
Its special in the sense that it is an indian tag. Which in the state of OK there are more tribes than i can count and they circumvent the state tag system. For me, my tribe, that is what the tags look like (i have personalized on order). The main benefit, and if varies by tribe is the annual tag cost and taxes you pay upon purchase and/or transfer. And i am SO SO LUCKY, that my tribe is likely the best there is as far as tags. Upon purchase thru my tribe I pay ZERO, yes ZERO taxes and my annual tag cost about $80 and within 10 years will be down around $20 a year. And while i am blood indian i am a far cry from being an indian. My wife is 31/32 indian......I am a whopping 1/256. But i will not complain about the benefits because they are wonderful.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow @protraxduner , you have been busy, haven’t you. I am all for personal touches, so I can appreciate your decision to do so.

I can see where John is coming from on the hood vent. I think it’s ten was the red rain tray looks up against the black vent that is throwing me off.

Love the painted strut tower brace.

Really like the side skirt winglet in front of the wheels.

Question about the winglets behind the wheels. Can they be used without the rear quarter extension? I like them too, just not a big fan of the extensions.

As far as the mirrors, and spoiler. I wanted to like it better than black, but I don’t. I think I would have done them in reverse. I wonder if just the mirror cap was red, and just the gurney flap was red, I think it might be enough color, but leave enough black accent to tie into the rest of the car.

again, your car, your call, I just thought you wanted some input.

Respecfully,

Jaime
This car was tough. This car, more than any other car i have, uses contrasting black/body color almost to perfection, actually maybe perfect. And as with many things i do, i probably should use my own advice and leave it alone, but like to be different. So i ended up with what i think looks really good, yet i am not sure it looks better.

I played around with painting the Gurney flap Red but didn't like that look, at least not enough to do it. I think if you paint the spoiler body color then you HAVE to run the black gurney flap as it needs that touch of black. Whether it looks better all black black spoiler/black GF well that is subjective. And i feel its 50/50 does look bad doesn't really look that much better.

The mirrors are pet peeve of mine and just cannot stand textured black plastic so i knew i was going to paint them from day 1. After completion i think maybe they need to be 2 tone, and likely just painting the caps would have looked better. Not sure if the inverse would look good or not and isn't really an option for most but i can see what that looks like.

The winglets in front of the rear wheels you have few options MMD, Roush, and million ebay generics, even the MMD/Roush are not specifically made for GT500 but regular mustangs, but they pretty simple and MMD worked fine. Now the winglets behind the rear wheels are generic that i just happen to find on ebay, and bought them for the using in front of the wheels. Just so happens they didn't have the right angles and size. They could be used anywhere. The problem is finding the right angle, size, shape. They worked perfect with the flares but remove the flares IDK, they may not flow right , it would just be a trial/error thing.

AND the side scoops....i knew i would get crap about those, and who knows they may come back off, many say with few 100mph runs they will fall off anyway :). I was trying to follow the GT500 heritage, as all but the 1st few original GT500's, all those scoops were non-functional and for looks......not really why i did it but it sounds good.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, Tony and you, your wife, and all the other American Indians in this country deserve every break this lousy government provides but nothing will ever make up for the treatment of your people.

For anyone visiting St Louis, I highly recomment taking some time to see the museum below The Arch. It's a very painful history lesson.

Anyway Tony...

I do hope the side scoops were fairly inexpensive, should they decide to depart the pattern one day. <smile> But, as Jamie said, it's all about what each of us likes and the heck with everyone else. <chuckling>

Rock on, Tony!

KB

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Well I got my simple mods done for the this season, next spring will be the rest, thought I'd throw up whats been done officially as of now:

1/16th Pinstriping
GT500 Inserts Reflective (Ruby Red)
Shelby Insert Reflective (Ruby Red)
Ceramic Coating (Next Week)

2020-12-02 16.03.24.jpg

Red Tri-bars (Camera isnt catching it sorry)

red.jpg

Tri-Bar Color Shifting. Video

Signaling Front and Back Video.

More to come in the spring.
Hot damn that shit is absolute fire. Was it a big job? Bumper removal and all that I assume.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Hot damn that shit is absolute fire. Was it a big job? Bumper removal and all that I assume.
Yes the bumper had to be removed to get the lights out to replace the LED boards, the biggest part is opening the headlights to get to the boards, the wiring isnt really a problem, but this place I used apparently cant figure out how to make the old signal lights be my DRL's (replacing the tri-bars always on) but its come to grow on me to have them off. So thanks I had it on my '16 CS so took the leap and prayed my ass off the lights were truly the same as the 15-17 and got lucky.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I wonder where my plates are? I ordered them 2 months ago....

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I am curious what is it? To much red?
I can’t describe what I don’t like about it, it just doesn’t look/feel as it should. The balance between the red and black is definitely off.

Edit:
Now, I’m trying to decide how to tweak it to get the proper effect for your car. I think it either needs more red on the engine to tie it all together. Or less red on the hood. Maybe as simple as a black rain tray with red snake.

Just my $0.02. But I really do like your other changes. I want to meet up and see it in person.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My last plates took 1 year and normally is 2-3 months so IDK what's going on.