1st Mods on 2020 GT500

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
I agree, really unique and other than the side scoops I like it a lot.

Nice job.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
I was asked in someone else's thread about my front camera and instead of taking over that persons thread, thought I would answer here. I don't believe I ever did post about my front camera install at least I don't remember doing it.

This is the camera I went with:
https://www.amazon.com/NATIKA-Backup-Camera-Waterproof-Reverse/dp/B07H852D49

I did this about 9 months ago so I may be vague on remembering everything. I drilled about a 3/8" hole underneath the front bumper to allow the camera wire to go through. Mounted the camera to a thin piece of metal then mounted the metal to the bumper. Ran the wire inside the car and attached it to a Naviks interface box that will display the video from the camera onto the Sync 3 screen. I set up the Naviks box to show the front camera automatically after I shift out of reverse for 10 seconds (completely configurable) and also hooked up a switch so I can turn the camera on and off manually.

I adjusted the level of the camera so the red part of the guide lines were touching the front splitter which makes the yellow line one foot away and blue line two feet away. Below are photos of the push button switch for the camera, the camera itself and the Sync display while the camera is on. The video from the camera looks much better in person than the photos shows.

IMG_1085SO.jpg

IMG_1290SO.jpg

NZ7_4860SO.jpg

IMG_1083SO.jpg

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Well I got my simple mods done for the this season, next spring will be the rest, thought I'd throw up whats been done officially as of now:

1/16th Pinstriping
GT500 Inserts Reflective (Ruby Red)
Shelby Insert Reflective (Ruby Red)
Ceramic Coating (Next Week)

2020-12-02 16.03.24.jpg

Red Tri-bars (Camera isnt catching it sorry)

red.jpg

Tri-Bar Color Shifting. Video

Signaling Front and Back Video.

More to come in the spring.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
I was asked in someone else's thread about my front camera and instead of taking over that persons thread, thought I would answer here. I don't believe I ever did post about my front camera install at least I don't remember doing it.

I did this about 9 months ago so I may be vague on remembering everything. I drilled about a 3/8" hole underneath the front bumper to allow the camera wire to go through. Mounted the camera to a thin piece of metal then mounted the metal to the bumper. Ran the wire inside the car and attached it to a Naviks interface box that will display the video from the camera onto the Sync 3 screen. I set up the Naviks box to show the front camera automatically after I shift out of reverse for 10 seconds (completely configurable) and also hooked up a switch so I can turn the camera on and off manually.

I adjusted the level of the camera so the red part of the guide lines were touching the front splitter which makes the yellow line one foot away and blue line two feet away. Below are photos of the push button switch for the camera, the camera itself and the Sync display while the camera is on. The video from the camera looks much better in person than the photos shows.

IMG_1085SO.jpg

IMG_1290SO.jpg

NZ7_4860SO.jpg

IMG_1083SO.jpg
Which Naviks interfaces did you get? Seems like there are multiple options and none shown for a 2020 Mustang / But one large multi input box shown for a 2019 Mustang.

kstand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP

IMG_1085SO.jpg

IMG_1290SO.jpg

NZ7_4860SO.jpg

IMG_1083SO.jpg
Is this the naviks item you ordered?

2016 - 2020 FORD MUSTANG (SYNC 3 V2 - V3.4) NAV IN MOTION LOCKOUT BYPASS + CARPLAY IN MOTION BYPASS

SKU: NK-1302

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which Naviks interfaces did you get? Seems like there are multiple options and none shown for a 2020 Mustang / But one large multi input box shown for a 2019 Mustang.
Yes that is the one I got. NK-1308. It is way overkill for what I needed it for but:

1. I wanted something that would work flawlessly with the Sync 3 system (and it does).

2. I wanted to be able to have it auto switch after coming out of reverse because in a couple of spots where I drive the car I need to make 3 point turns and did not want to keep pushing a button to activate the camera coming out of reverse.

3. In the future they are supposed to send me a firmware update so that the camera will activate with one of the buttons on the steering wheel but as of now it does not. This is why they state is it not compatible with the 2020 mustang.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

IMG_1085SO.jpg

IMG_1290SO.jpg

NZ7_4860SO.jpg

IMG_1083SO.jpg
That is so cool. I just couldn't bring myself to drill my front bumper.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
Yes that is the one I got. NK-1308. It is way overkill for what I needed it for but:

1. I wanted something that would work flawlessly with the Sync 3 system (and it does).

2. I wanted to be able to have it auto switch after coming out of reverse because in a couple of spots where I drive the car I need to make 3 point turns and did not want to keep pushing a button to activate the camera coming out of reverse.

3. In the future they are supposed to send me a firmware update so that the camera will activate with one of the buttons on the steering wheel but as of now it does not. This is why they state is it not compatible with the 2020 mustang.
Thanks for the additional input!

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Looks great Mark. A very professional looking job.
I wonder if that company offers a PDR?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is so cool. I just couldn't bring myself to drill my front bumper.
I understand what you mean Tom but it is only plastic (that is replaceable) and I would much rather have a hole in the bumper with a camera covering it than wrecking my front splitter when parking. It is one of the first things I did when I got the car as that front end is so long it is very hard for me to gauge where it ends.

Looks great Mark. A very professional looking job.
I wonder if that company offers a PDR?
Thanks Steve. The thing is, I have had that camera on the car for about 9 months and have posted many photos of my car on various threads and no one has ever really noticed it before. That is a good thing. :)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I understand what you mean Tom but it is only plastic (that is replaceable) and I would much rather have a hole in the bumper with a camera covering it than wrecking my front splitter when parking. It is one of the first things I did when I got the car as that front end is so long it is very hard for me to gauge where it ends.
I agree. It would be nice.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
I am up for opinions, criticism, and bashing. Let me know what you think
I love almost everything you have done to the car, looks fantastic. The only thing Iā€™m not loving is the rain tray. Doesnā€™t work for me. Otherwise, your car looks really clean. Good work!

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I love almost everything you have done to the car, looks fantastic. The only thing Iā€™m not loving is the rain tray. Doesnā€™t work for me. Otherwise, your car looks really clean. Good work!
I am curious what is it? To much red?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Wow @protraxduner , you have been busy, havenā€™t you. I am all for personal touches, so I can appreciate your decision to do so.

I can see where John is coming from on the hood vent. I think itā€™s ten was the red rain tray looks up against the black vent that is throwing me off.

Love the painted strut tower brace.

Really like the side skirt winglet in front of the wheels.

Question about the winglets behind the wheels. Can they be used without the rear quarter extension? I like them too, just not a big fan of the extensions.

As far as the mirrors, and spoiler. I wanted to like it better than black, but I donā€™t. I think I would have done them in reverse. I wonder if just the mirror cap was red, and just the gurney flap was red, I think it might be enough color, but leave enough black accent to tie into the rest of the car.

again, your car, your call, I just thought you wanted some input.

Respecfully,

Jaime

Last edited: