1st gear stuck problem in MT 6speed

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Sometimes when driving when u go to complete stop . And then go in 1 st gear it just doesn't go in . Few previous times when it happned i double clutuh it in neutral and then it shifts in gear but today in heavy traffic it happned again . It wont go in ,no matter how hard i tried . I had to turn truck off and then go into gear . I read somewhere that even 3rd gen had this same problem . Does anyone know whats the issue and how to solve it
Sponsored

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
This is a carry over habit from when I drove non-synchronized 18 speeds, but when coming to a stop right before the wheels stopped turning Iā€™d slide it into 1st gear in preparation for start. I bet you never have an issue again if you do this.

OP
OP
Sandeep1994

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
This is a carry over habit from when I drove non-synchronized 18 speeds, but when coming to a stop right before the wheels stopped turning Iā€™d slide it into 1st gear in preparation for start. I bet you never have an issue again if you do this.
Thanks . Yeah it doesnt get any issue if i do that . But u know sometimes u have to stop at lights and wait . Do u know why does this happens

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
Thanks . Yeah it doesnt get any issue if i do that . But u know sometimes u have to stop at lights and wait . Do u know why does this happens
This is a bit of an oversimplification, but your transmission is a mechanical device with splines (teeth) that connects your wheels to your engine. Sometimes when stopped the teeth just donā€™t line up perfectly for the shifter to engage (mesh) them smoothly. One set of teeth has to move slightly for the shifter to engage. Nothing is wrong with the transmission. It just happens from time to time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandeep1994

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Thanks that helps . At least its not the serious issue .
Sponsored