Sponsored

1st Delivery

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
To be fair, automakers limit power when in low gear on mega powered cars that don't have a DCT, so that isn't anything new or unique to a DCT. And BMW, Porsche, GTR....these cars typically have much less power and as such their drivelines are not designed for drag-style starts, etc. The GT500 was. Point being, this is easily one of the most robust DCT cars built - ever. Will somebody break one? They sure will as you can get anything to fail if you try hard enough.
Sponsored

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
To be fair, automakers limit power when in low gear on mega powered cars that don't have a DCT, so that isn't anything new or unique to a DCT. And BMW, Porsche, GTR....these cars typically have much less power and as such their drivelines are not designed for drag-style starts, etc. The GT500 was. Point being, this is easily one of the most robust DCT cars built - ever. Will somebody break one? They sure will as you can get anything to fail if you try hard enough.
my in depth 30 minute conversation, with 1 of the 2 men specificaly asssigned to ford for 2 years, for this car/trans, tells me otherwise. the fact Tremec is talking to Shelby Americ already - ill say it again as they said it very clearly emphasised- TALKING ( thats it) to Shelby about offering a stronger DCT upgrade already, lends more credability to an impending issue. I think we can agree, dont know when/where it will arise,

obviously since we are invested in this, the further the better, but i suspect, it wont take long to break it given the hp (TQ) #s they said i probably shouldnt exceed for a while

Now, i forgot to ask 1 of 2 questions- 1 applicable here- what tires was all of the testing done with / was testing done with any drag radial type of tires.

We might get away with 1.3 60's, or snap every pass doing 1.6s on radials.. no one knows.. but i know where my $ is staying until a shop or someone with much deeper pockets than me finds that limit

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Lethal will hopefully bring home the bacon in this regard.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Lethal will hopefully bring home the bacon in this regard.
Myself and another friend will be working with shoemaker for tuning and lethal.for parts to test all that, ill stay mild, moe is going wild, hes got the cojones to push dct. His car is due in 10 days and has hptuners on standby for tcu readout/programming

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Myself and another friend will be working with shoemaker for tuning and lethal.for parts to test all that, ill stay mild, moe is going wild, hes got the cojones to push dct. His car is due in 10 days and has hptuners on standby for tcu readout/programming
Awesome.
Will be on the lookout. Are you starting a new thread? (I'm "assuming" yes.)

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Love him or hate, you have to give him credit. He’s posting a lot of good stuff with his car. And with this video from Willow Springs, he also shows that he knows how to drive a road course.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Who has dibs on the wreckage ... you know it’s coming... soon... So it will also be the 1st 500 being parted out... soon...

:crackup:
Edit:
Someone save that YT footage - it might also be the very first 500 in for a claimed “warranty” job...
My guess is you don’t know much about this kid.
He has some pretty fast cars and hasn’t wrecked on yet...that I know of.
BTW....We all crash if we push ourselves. My experience is with motorcycles, mainly dirt bikes. One of us hit the ground almost every ride. Mostly unharmed ‘cept our egos. ;-)

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Love him or hate, you have to give him credit. He’s posting a lot of good stuff with his car. And with this video from Willow Springs, he also shows that he knows how to drive a road course.

Exactly as was pointed out a while back.
Haters will be haters!
Sponsored