Sponsored

1k review of SVE R350 wheels

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Two months ago, firestone noticed some disturbing wear on my stock tires:

Passengerfront20200831_162622.jpg

Pricing Pilot Sports during covid was... depressing, so I decided to go ahead and get a square setup from LMR (it took a lot to resit going for the 11s in the back):
https://lmr.com/item/WTK-177906GA/mustang-sve-r350-wheel-tire-kit-bronze-19x10-15-17-g2

?hash=48f69e674f854a236529f06693a37dc6.jpg

Here are my thoughts:

Shipping
- For Texas Residents, LMR shipping is crazy... like crazy fast.

Install - Its wheels, but you might want to put some boards under the wheels while letting the jack down, the lower profile tires will lower your car by another .5" or so. So if you are already low, this might be an unpleasant surprise.

Quality (initial) - For what you pay for this combo, the quality is solid. The tires come out to be more than the wheels! The issue is that, as with any prepackaged set, the quality control is a bit lax. I had to send one of the units back twice, and the last replacement sent back to me was not fully painted on the back:

THROUGH IT ALL, LMR stood by their product and bent over backwards to make sure I was satisfied with their solutions. This would continue through my initial ownership

Quality (ownership) - After a month of ownership I took a long trip and at highway speed I noticed some excessive vibration from the front of the car. I dropped the car of at a firestone near my destination and three of the wheels came back out of balance by more than half and oz. Also one wheel was bent. The firestone rebalanced my tires but absolutely trashed the finish inside the barrel (yeah, problems on problems):

Sadly, I did not notice the damage until I got back home as I picked the car up at night. LMR STOOD BY THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN, and reimbursed me for the balance job, shot a new wheel out to me, and reimbursed me for the mounting fee. I should note that my local firestone did not scratch the wheel to hell and back during mounting. To their credit, the firestone location that damaged my wheels has offered to repaint them if I am willing to drive back to their locations, but I don't know when I will get out that way again. I also have concerns about the repainted wheels being out of contrast with the original painted wheels.... That is a story for another post.

Concerning Style for cost:
I was a bit worried about adding to the car's color scheme, but the SVE-R centercaps highlight the brembos behind the bronze finish.
giphy.gif

Concerning Fitment:
LMR knows what they are doing and these wheels would likely look perfect with a full inch drop. My car is not that low, and I don't mind the gap, but these wheels target those of you running 1" lowering springs. I will be moving up to a 40 ratio for my next tire purchase and that should close the gap a bit. On the steed HPDE setup, there is no rubbing are scrubbing and I did not have to roll your fenders are use spacers.

Concerning Performance:
Please note I do not drag race my vehicle; I just have a little backroad fun. If you are trying to roll race people, you might want to opt for the 11 in the back.
I was honestly expecting tramlining and wide wheel issues, but I have not experienced anything of the sort. If anything, the car feels waaay more planted now and the feedback from the road has been amplified. My tramlining has completely disappeared. The steeda suspension complements these wheels very well. Turn in has improved and more power can be used on exits. The difference .5'' in the rear and 1.5" in the front makes is surprising. You can still break traction if you try to ignore physics, but the lighter wheels are offset by the wider contact patch. The torsen diff does not seem to mind the extra meat even if the radius is a bit smaller (yay mechanical engineering).

As with any wheel / tire setup change, your speedo will become a bit useless and the built in track apps time will also become useless. You will need to get a draggy or something of the sort, if you want to see your sprint times.

Concerning NVH:
NVH will increase a bit for 2 reasons: 1) there is more contact with the road so you will get more feedback 2)sticking with the setup lmr sends you actually brings you .5" closer to the ground.

Concerning Customer Service:
LMR customer service is extremely responsive and does their best to make sure you are satisfied. I could gripe about the gift card reimbursement method, but it would be an empty gripe.

</looks at latest lmr package sitting in the living room>

After all, I was able to use those cards to buy another treat for SIG, and they did offer to reimburse me using my original method... All parties knew my money would be going back to LMR for more parts. When it comes to SIG, I am...
giphy.gif

Closing thoughts:
If you need wheels that wont make you cringe everytime you go through a tacobell drive through...
If you need wheels that are lighter than stock
If you need wheels that a stylish, but reserved
If you need wheels that have a lifetime structural warranty
Then, you might want to give some of the performance SVE wheels a look

Score:
Style/Value +1
Warranty +1
Handling +1
Customer Service +.5
Quality -.5
Fitment +1
Total 4.5 of 5

I hope this information was helpful,

Bear_Stang

divotcloseup.jpg

lackopaint.jpg

Angle Profile.jpg

scratch1.jpg

scratch2.jpg

scratch3.jpg

SVE_SIG_Side_P.jpg
Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Two months ago, firestone noticed some disturbing wear on my stock tires:

Passengerfront20200831_162622.jpg

Pricing Pilot Sports during covid was... depressing, so I decided to go ahead and get a square setup from LMR (it took a lot to resit going for the 11s in the back):
https://lmr.com/item/WTK-177906GA/mustang-sve-r350-wheel-tire-kit-bronze-19x10-15-17-g2

Here are my thoughts:

Shipping
- For Texas Residents, LMR shipping is crazy... like crazy fast.

Install - Its wheels, but you might want to put some boards under the wheels while letting the jack down, the lower profile tires will lower your car by another .5" or so. So if you are already low, this might be an unpleasant surprise.

Quality (initial) - For what you pay for this combo, the quality is solid. The tires come out to be more than the wheels! The issue is that, as with any prepackaged set, the quality control is a bit lax. I had to send one of the units back twice, and the last replacement sent back to me was not fully painted on the back:

THROUGH IT ALL, LMR stood by their product and bent over backwards to make sure I was satisfied with their solutions. This would continue through my initial ownership

Quality (ownership) - After a month of ownership I took a long trip and at highway speed I noticed some excessive vibration from the front of the car. I dropped the car of at a firestone near my destination and three of the wheels came back out of balance by more than half and oz. Also one wheel was bent. The firestone rebalanced my tires but absolutely trashed the finish inside the barrel (yeah, problems on problems):

Sadly, I did not notice the damage until I got back home as I picked the car up at night. LMR STOOD BY THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN, and reimbursed me for the balance job, shot a new wheel out to me, and reimbursed me for the mounting fee. I should note that my local firestone did not scratch the wheel to hell and back during mounting. To their credit, the firestone location that damaged my wheels has offered to repaint them if I am willing to drive back to their locations, but I don't know when I will get out that way again. I also have concerns about the repainted wheels being out of contrast with the original painted wheels.... That is a story for another post.

Concerning Style for cost:
I was a bit worried about adding to the car's color scheme, but the SVE-R centercaps highlight the brembos behind the bronze finish.
giphy.gif

Concerning Fitment:
LMR knows what they are doing and these wheels would likely look perfect with a full inch drop. My car is not that low, and I don't mind the gap, but these wheels target those of you running 1" lowering springs. I will be moving up to a 40 ratio for my next tire purchase and that should close the gap a bit. On the steed HPDE setup, there is no rubbing are scrubbing and I did not have to roll your fenders are use spacers.

Concerning Performance:
Please note I do not drag race my vehicle; I just have a little backroad fun. If you are trying to roll race people, you might want to opt for the 11 in the back.
I was honestly expecting tramlining and wide wheel issues, but I have not experienced anything of the sort. If anything, the car feels waaay more planted now and the feedback from the road has been amplified. My tramlining has completely disappeared. The steeda suspension complements these wheels very well. Turn in has improved and more power can be used on exits. The difference .5'' in the rear and 1.5" in the front makes is surprising. You can still break traction if you try to ignore physics, but the lighter wheels are offset by the wider contact patch. The torsen diff does not seem to mind the extra meat even if the radius is a bit smaller (yay mechanical engineering).

As with any wheel / tire setup change, your speedo will become a bit useless and the built in track apps time will also become useless. You will need to get a draggy or something of the sort, if you want to see your sprint times.

Concerning NVH:
NVH will increase a bit for 2 reasons: 1) there is more contact with the road so you will get more feedback 2)sticking with the setup lmr sends you actually brings you .5" closer to the ground.

Concerning Customer Service:
LMR customer service is extremely responsive and does their best to make sure you are satisfied. I could gripe about the gift card reimbursement method, but it would be an empty gripe.

</looks at latest lmr package sitting in the living room>

After all, I was able to use those cards to buy another treat for SIG, and they did offer to reimburse me using my original method... All parties knew my money would be going back to LMR for more parts. When it comes to SIG, I am...
giphy.gif

Closing thoughts:
If you need wheels that wont make you cringe everytime you go through a tacobell drive through...
If you need wheels that are lighter than stock
If you need wheels that a stylish, but reserved
If you need wheels that have a lifetime structural warranty
Then, you might want to give some of the performance SVE wheels a look

Score:
Style/Value +1
Warranty +1
Handling +1
Customer Service +.5
Quality -.5
Fitment +1
Total 4.5 of 5

I hope this information was helpful,

Bear_Stang

divotcloseup.jpg

lackopaint.jpg

Angle Profile.jpg

scratch1.jpg

scratch2.jpg

scratch3.jpg

SVE_SIG_Side_P.jpg
I wonder if that paint damage wasnt done by the tire instillation. I have had that happen before

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'll add that I've had really good experience with LMR's customer service as well. One of the SP2s I bought from them came with a marked offset that was different than then rest (not sure what the actual one was - it likely was just mismarked but made correctly). They replaced it without me even asking for replacement, I just inquired what was going on.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I'll add that I've had really good experience with LMR's customer service as well. One of the SP2s I bought from them came with a marked offset that was different than then rest (not sure what the actual one was - it likely was just mismarked but made correctly). They replaced it without me even asking for replacement, I just inquired what was going on.
LMR is where i bought my ford racing suspension from. Good people

OP
OP
Bear_Stang

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
*nod*
LMR is a solid aftermarket company that ships fast to my location. I very seriously doubt that I will stop purchasing items from them anytime soon.
Sponsored