Sponsored

19x11" ET26 wheels without lowering or extra camber. Pictures?

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
MPS4S, 275 series tire will fit on an 11" rim. Wanting to balance track tire and street driving (305 on the street?), perhaps a 295 to start and see how it works and then I have the wheel already to move up in size if I want.

What will this wheel look like without lowering or camber? Will I have any issues?

I have heard this will work without a spacer (I do not want to run adapters/spacers).
Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
MPS4S, 275 series tire will fit on an 11" rim. Wanting to balance track tire and street driving (305 on the street?), perhaps a 295 to start and see how it works and then I have the wheel already to move up in size if I want.

What will this wheel look like without lowering or camber? Will I have any issues?

I have heard this will work without a spacer (I do not want to run adapters/spacers).
Are you talking drag or road racing?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I don't have pics, but it's going to poke out like about an inch or so past the fender. Without lowering you will be fine, I see alot of Mustangs running track wheels past the fender at track days. It's not so much about aesthetics but function at this point.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Road racing.
The Mustang is a heavy, terminally understeering car from the factory
For road racing you’re going to need as much tire that you can fit in front, 305 squared is the sweet spot for the Mustang, and a lot of camber, around. -3 in front
The reason to use spacers in front is to use the same offset wheels all around to rotate
If you are serious about tracking your car, don’t waste time or money. Go directly to 305 on 11 rims with longer studs and spacers in front
Next would be suspension

Sponsored

OP
OP
DrZed

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
The Mustang is a heavy, terminally understeering car from the factory
For road racing you’re going to need as much tire they you can fit in front, 305 squared is the sweet spot for the Mustang, and a lot of camber, around. -3 in front
The reason to use spacers in front is to use the same offset wheels all around to rotate
If you are serious about tracking your car, don’t waste time or money. Go directly to 305 on 11 rims with longer studs and spacers in front
Next would be suspension
Appreciate your reply. I won't be using spacers (possible regional issues, I move a lot), but the ET26 will work on the front. I do a lot of street driving and want to "slowly" move up tire size, starting with - perhaps - 295 (both ends), track it one year and when I need tires goto 305.

As you said suspension next (camber plates then possible springs/shocks).

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Appreciate your reply. I won't be using spacers (possible regional issues, I move a lot), but the ET26 will work on the front. I do a lot of street driving and want to "slowly" move up tire size, starting with - perhaps - 295 (both ends), track it one year and when I need tires goto 305.

As you said suspension next (camber plates then possible springs/shocks).
Yes, 26 In front and 52 in the back will fit well
Btw, what wear tire fast is not camber but rather toe
So, 0 toes and -2,2.5 camber is fine for the street

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
295 tires with some extra camber via camber plates (~2.5-3) would be fine. I’d recommend closer to 3 or even more if you’re tracking the car very much. Running stock camber on track can be destructive to tire outside shoulders, even to the point of chunking.

OP
OP
DrZed

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Appreciate all the responses. Thx everybody Happy New Year.
Sponsored