Sponsored

1993 Ford Mustang Cobra R for sale, 61 original miles!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It is one of 250 made and still in the wrapper. It is worth what a collector would pay. Not that I would ever pay that.
Sponsored

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt base with a performance pack
It is one of 250 made and still in the wrapper. It is worth what a collector would pay. Not that I would ever pay that.
1 of 107. The 250 was the 95 cobra r. Still over priced. But if I won the lottery, this would be on the top of my list. :headbang:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Great car!! Weighs in just a tick over 3000lbs.

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
Putting the unrealistic asking price aside, it is disappointing to see the lack of respect for this ride on this thread. This a rare and special part of the ford mustang and svt heritage.... Now back to our regular broadcast.

Sponsored

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Putting the unrealistic asking price aside, it is disappointing to see the lack of respect for this ride on this thread. This a rare and special part of the ford mustang and svt heritage.... Now back to our regular broadcast.
Rare doesn't mean good. It's one of plenty of special editions that are forgettable or irrelevant, not everything that's ever been produced is 'iconic' or 'culturally significant'. It belongs in a museum at best. That era of American car manufacture was abysmal and deserves any derision.

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
Rare doesn't mean good. It's one of plenty of special editions that are forgettable or irrelevant, not everything that's ever been produced is 'iconic' or 'culturally significant'. It belongs in a museum at best. That era of American car manufacture was abysmal and deserves any derision.
I understand your perspective and is clear that we are looking at this through different lenses... And that is ok. This cobra does not belong in your collection but belongs in the collections of other mustang enthusiasts, including mine.

:cheers:

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If I had the money I'd do it in a second. I still miss my '88 GT.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
This wasn't a "special edition" car with some different badges and embroidered seats. This was a limited production race car that for its day, was an incredible performer. The 95 and 00 r-spec cars expanded in this, but this was the first.

Those of you who say the inflated price is ridiculous (it is a little extreme here but I don't think it's that far off) what do you think of something like a '70 Boss 9 selling for twice this price?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
:doh:

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
And it's no longer listed....could it have sold?
Perhaps the owner is on this forum and realized he needs to knock 90k off the list price

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I'd definitely agree that a 2000 Cobra R in this mint condition would be worth every penny of that 100k.. but not a Fox Lol.. this car was way outdated by 1993, I wouldn't consider it special at all other than being limited production model which to me is not enough to justify the price just because it's "rare."

Don't get me wrong either.. A fox was the first Mustang I ever remember seeing as a kid.. my neighbors 5.0 with giant tires in the rear and huge pipes roaring down the street. Foxes are a big reason why I love Mustangs today.. but I wouldn't want to collect them or even own one.. not unless it was a 3rd car.. maybe a project car. (Cept I wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to it.. Lol)

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Believe it or not a lot of the Cobra R's (93, 95 and 2000) were bought by people who saw them as future collectors items and garaged them. Some of them never had PDI done on them and still have plastic on the seats and such. I think its great these cars were saved for future generations to see but they are only worth what someone will pay--ask someone who ferreted away a 78 Corvette pace car or a 76 Eldorado convertible.