Sponsored

'19 GT Options Opinions From Owners

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Hi everyone! First time posting but have been lurking the forums for a while. There's a wealth of information here, so thanks to everyone for that.

I am trading in my '18 Civic Si very shortly and moving on to a '19 GT. I'm pretty torn on the options that are within my budget , and was hoping to get some input from current owners on which direction they'd lean after having some extensive time behind the wheels of their car.

I'll preface by saying I don't race or track my car. It's a DD and something to have fun on the weekend with spirited driving.

My two options are as follows.

1. '19 GT 6speed w/ 301a and PP1
2. '19 GT Premium 6speed w/401a.

I certainly like the performance package but since I don't do anything race related, I almost feel like the premium with leather seats and the digital gauges are a better buy. Since my test drives with both were pretty limited, not sure how much im missing out on the performance package in real world driving.

Might be worth noting, regardless of PP1 or not, I would still be buying my own after market wheels within the first year or so.

Thanks in advanced for sharing any of your own personal preferences, thoughts, regrets, etc.
Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I traded my '12 Civic Si for an '18 with PP1 and 401a. Why not go a little older, and get both? :like:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I agree with Reddit. go with the Gt w/ PP1 and 301A.

Or, better yet, if you can, save a few more months and get the premium with the PP1 and 401A.

OP
OP

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I agree with Reddit. go with the Gt w/ PP1 and 301A.

Or, better yet, if you can, save a few more months and get the premium with the PP1 and 401A.
It's definitely something I'd like to do but is proving to be a bit difficult. This whole trade in is coming to fruition because my Si was t boned a few months ago , and insurance refused to total it over a few hundred dollars. After getting it back from repairs it's been nothing but a headache and worse by the week, so I'm trying to dump it off before it gets to a point of no return with the issues.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
That's a tough one. The benefits of the Premium are obvious. The PP1 is a absolute deal on the upgraded parts that will get you significantly better handling. Coming from a Civic Si I would think that the handling of the base model may be a disappointment. Mine is a DD as well and if I were to pick I would go with the PP, but I would miss that Premium interior.

Sponsored

OP
OP

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
That's a tough one. The benefits of the Premium are obvious. The PP1 is a absolute deal on the upgraded parts that will get you significantly better handling. Coming from a Civic Si I would think that the handling of the base model may be a disappointment. Mine is a DD as well and if I were to pick I would go with the PP, but I would miss that Premium interior.
My Si handled extremely well after the spring and sway/strut bar upgrades. The PP1 mustang I drove did handle much less "boaty" than the premium without.

I believe I've seen on the forums you can retrofit the digital cluster gauges into your GT base model pretty easily? Honestly I'm more interested in that than the leather. My Si is cloth so I can deal with similar interior.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
If my memory serves me correctly, the PP1 will have rear wheel fit issues due to larger brake calipers, so no spare tire option. I wouldn't want a DD without a spare tire, unless your commute is short. I also enjoy the creature comforts of the premium interior. Steering can be tightened with strut tower/firewall brace from Ford Performance for less than $200 with a forum member discount code.

Just my .02

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was in the same boat as you, in that I was having a hard time choosing between the PP1 with less options vs. a more loaded, non PP car. I also don't race or track my car (although it's possible I might take it for a 1/4 mile run someday). In my younger days I would have definitely gone for the PP1, but I've developed some back problems and I was concerned that the PP ride might be too harsh. (Although in hindisight it sounds like PP1 with magneride is just fine.)

I ended up going with the base suspension car, and it meets 90% of my handling desires. On a road with sweeping curves it seems fine, but In very sharp or tight corners it does feel wallowy and it reaches a point where it just wants to plow ahead. This is with the OEM 235/50 all-seasons, which don't do the car any favors, You said you planned to do wheels/tires anyway, and I think that might improve the handling (or at least, the grip) quite a bit.

Sometimes I regret not going with the PP, but on the other hand, 98% of my driving time is mundane commuter stuff where it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have option 301A and Activevalve performance exhaust, awesome, but 401A will save your vehicle dynamics and exhaust setting for next time you get in your car. If you are not on a budget, I would get 401A with Activevalve if you havent ordered already.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
It would be easier and cheaper to add the pp package stuff (or better) to a premium car than to add the premium stuff to a base pp car.

I'd buy the premium if that's what you want, because you can always add the pp parts a little at a time as you see fit.

Sponsored

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
I didn't want the digital dash but you have to get it to get a premium PP2... well I was wrong, the digital dash is bad ass. I'd try to swing a premium PP 6 speed. I wanted everything in the PP2 package so I splurged on a PP2 premium. Rebates and special financing are pretty good right now, you might be able to go for both the PP and premium.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I sat in a 300A car and a 301A car and decided there was no way I could buy it.

The 400A adding leather just makes the entire car feel much nicer. The door cards arent plastic, everything is soft touch, the seats are more comfortable, etc.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
If you can’t do the PP1 I’d definitely recommend the 401a at least.

I have a PP1 400a and the things I regret not getting are the digital cluster and the premium leather.

At the time I didn’t realize the 401a leather was different. And I was like “nah don’t need digital bc it’ll just end up being an electronic nightmare years down the line”.

I don’t regret not getting magneride or active exhaust. I knew I was going to stiffen the car up significantly so I felt I’d be spending for magneride and then nullifying it’s purpose.

But even thought you’re not going to track the car the PP1’s upgrades are worth it in my opinion.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
I got the premium and 401a package, along with B&O, active exhaust, and 19inch wheels. I don't track it, and it is perfect for the way I use it. I agree with the thought that you can add pp1 bits as/when needed.
Sponsored