Sponsored

18x8.5 Racestar Recluse 95 Fitment help

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Hi, I just bought 18x8.5 Racestar recluse 95's for my 2019 GT PP1 and it won't clear the front brembo brake. Does anyone know if there is a specific wheel spacer or mod that I can do that might work to get these to fit? I already mounted the tire to the wheel so it is to late to return them now.
Thanks
Sponsored

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Wow, I was about to order these too... I would imagine a 25mm spacer would clear it?

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Wow, I was about to order these too... I would imagine a 25mm spacer would clear it?
Wheel spacers didn't work either. Don't get these wheels or wheels this size unless you want to change your front brake set up. I ended up buying baer racing brakes to make this set up fit and I didn't like those brakes since they were so small and also were very squeaky. So I sold this set up and got a whole new brake kit and 20 inch wheels.

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
What about running a 18x10.5 square setup with the wheels.... I know the offset is 50, so less than ideal and could be corrected with a spacer but.. it could work right?

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
I am not sure about the 10.5 for the front. The one's that I had were the 18x8.5. The issue that I had was the caliber was just to large and it started digging into the inside of the wheel, so I think it would do the same think regardless of the width. I wouldn't take the risk since it will likely cost you a restocking fee if you have to ship them back. I would find another set up unless you are willing to go with smaller brakes and get rid of your brembo's.

Sponsored

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
I spoke to someone at race star yesterday who thought they would fit as long as it would clear the 15 inch rotor.. I guess I have more researching to do...

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Upon more inquires, the barrel design of the racestar recluse will not clear the brembos... seems I will end up with a mismatching set, and put some 19s up front. There are a few similar options visually, just up to finding the most cost effective solution at this point....
Sponsored