TrainedS550

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Damn! That sucks dude. As long as you’re alright everything’s good. It doesn’t look that bad but depends on whether or not the frame, drive train etc is good. What did the police put down as damages?
Just the bumpers and radiator as far as I know. But the car ran and didn't have any lights on at all. All Temps were fine as well.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Judging from the pictures I seriously doubt that it will be totaled.
No air bags, no obvious body panel damage, runs and drives without overheating, no stated handling issued. I'll even venture a guess. Assuming no big hidden damage, $7k - $10k.

OP
OP
TrainedS550

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Judging from the pictures I seriously doubt that it will be totaled.
No air bags, no obvious body panel damage, runs and drives without overheating, no stated handling issued. I'll even venture a guess. Assuming no big hidden damage, $7k - $10k.
I hope you're right man.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Just a heads up - they will try to repair it with aftermarket parts (all insurance companies do). First hand experience with Progressive.
Wrong. I've had liberty Mutual and StateFarm, never has either of them EVER tried to use aftermarket parts. Oh and never tried to use "used" or "salvage" parts. Every part has always been brand new OEM.

There may be some that try, but don't say ALL as that's so misleading and flat out incorrect.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Also try taking the car to a Ford dealer that has their own body shop as most of the time if your insurance tells them to use aftermarket parts they will price match it with an OEM. That's what I did with my wife's Lexus, took it to a Lexus dealer that has their own body shop and they price match the 4 aftermarket parts the insurance had on the list to OEM, total repair $13,300.

Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Usually takes Air bags - deployed before they consider totaling it, just make sure frame isn't bent
Car will never be the same.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Usually takes Air bags - deployed before they consider totaling it, just make sure frame isn't bent
Car will never be the same.
Actually if it was a frame it would be easier to fix. These are unibody which will be harder to truly straighten out if you don’t know what you are doing

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I doubt its totaled, but without knowing the year and mileage who knows. A creampuff with low miles, probably not totaled. A 2015 with 120k miles, might be totaled.

Its all about the value of the car vs cost of the repairs.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Wrong. I've had liberty Mutual and StateFarm, never has either of them EVER tried to use aftermarket parts. Oh and never tried to use "used" or "salvage" parts. Every part has always been brand new OEM.

There may be some that try, but don't say ALL as that's so misleading and flat out incorrect.
That is correct,
this is why progressive and GEIGO can afford pay for all those neat commercials on TV

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

State Farm is notorious for that. You may have a rider on your policy, I do, stating OEM only though.

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
K-members are a few hundred, rest looks in pretty good shape, plastic parts are easy to snap in. Plastic tray scraped. Looks like airbags didn't deploy, should be good.

If not, take the total, buy it back, strip it the hell down, and start racing. White cars go faster.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
State Farm is notorious for that. You may have a rider on your policy, I do, stating OEM only though.
Straight from Statefarm's website... regarding OEM or aftermarket.

"The Choice Is Yours
The final choice as to which parts will actually be used in repairs rests with you, the vehicle owner."

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Straight from Statefarm's website... regarding OEM or aftermarket.

"The Choice Is Yours
The final choice as to which parts will actually be used in repairs rests with you, the vehicle owner."
What they don't tell you, is that without the rider, you'll be paying the difference in cost out of pocket. Same as any other insurance company, so while what the website says is true it's also misleading. I wrote/reviewed automotive policies for State Farm for 6 years.