Sponsored

18 shaker pro amp & sub replacement..low level off the rear deck or stock amp wiring?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is what I would suggest doing? Is the sub new? Aldi check where you tapped into to grab the signal to make sure all the wires are good and tight.

The remote wire is connected to fuse #23 for the power windows. I used a fuse tap to connect it.

I am starting to think the sub is bad.... I disconnected the sub, and using my multimeter tested impedance. None registered. Tomorrow, I may remove the factory sub from the stock enclosure and run the speaker wires to it, just to make sure I can trigger sound on another speaker.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I grabbed the remote signal wire from the blue and white wire in the loom going from the trunk to the decklid...

Try using rca inputs instead of the high level harness on the amp...I couldn't get my high level to work on my key amp either.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
Update: I returned the sub as defective. Crutchfield had a new one on my doorstep in 2 days.

I had been toying with the idea of tapping into the right rear speaker, but in the Convertible, that is a bit more challenging. Based on the feedback earlier in this thread I was able grab audio from the existing factory subwoofer wiring harness.

The amp works, provides some deep clean bass, but needs to be dialed in a bit. I have been fiddling with the gain, high-pass, and low-pass for the past couple of days.

Kicker provides some test tones, and the amp is supposed to automatically adjust, but it requires you to do it at a volume of 23 or above. I live in Southern California, the houses are like 10 feet apart from each other, and I don't want to piss off my neighbors, so until I have the time to drive up into the hills away from everyone, I will fiddle till I get it right.

Thank you to everyone for input, and helping me solve this challenge.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Glad to see the issue was resolved. Yes, find your open space and dial it in. I would suggest leaving the engine running while you do it. I often think I'm doing something for 5 minutes that turn out to be closer to an hour :)plus you want to do it while the battery is showing a high voltage.

Update: I returned the sub as defective. Crutchfield had a new one on my doorstep in 2 days.

I had been toying with the idea of tapping into the right rear speaker, but in the Convertible, that is a bit more challenging. Based on the feedback earlier in this thread I was able grab audio from the existing factory subwoofer wiring harness.

The amp works, provides some deep clean bass, but needs to be dialed in a bit. I have been fiddling with the gain, high-pass, and low-pass for the past couple of days.

Kicker provides some test tones, and the amp is supposed to automatically adjust, but it requires you to do it at a volume of 23 or above. I live in Southern California, the houses are like 10 feet apart from each other, and I don't want to piss off my neighbors, so until I have the time to drive up into the hills away from everyone, I will fiddle till I get it right.

Thank you to everyone for input, and helping me solve this challenge.
Sponsored