Sponsored

18 shaker pro amp & sub replacement..low level off the rear deck or stock amp wiring?

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
So...I spliced in an rca off the 2 wires that feed the level into the stock amp and WHAMMO, no clipping!

I have the 18 shaker pro, so I'm not sure if my wore colors match up to yours, but it will be 2 of the smaller gauge wires in the harness....I got a 7vdc reading on em both so that should set you in the right direction.
Sponsored

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Swapped to front speaker tap and much improved!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Which front speaker wires (colors)?
Left +: White
Left -: White-Brown

Right +: White-Violet
Right -: White-Orange

I unbolted the amp and pulled it down, then stripped some tape off the wiring to have more access, then used t-taps into those wires and labeled everything with a sharpie.

It isn't fun.... but isn't too bad as long as you can deal with being upside down in the footwell for 30 minutes lol

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Left +: White
Left -: White-Brown

Right +: White-Violet
Right -: White-Orange

I unbolted the amp and pulled it down, then stripped some tape off the wiring to have more access, then used t-taps into those wires and labeled everything with a sharpie.

It isn't fun.... but isn't too bad as long as you can deal with being upside down in the footwell for 30 minutes lol
Cool, thanks!

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
I am having a hell of a time with this install.... I have a 12 inch Kenwood Excelon sub with a Kicker
47KEY500.1 amp. I have power, ground, remote all wired correctly. There is a 4 wire harness for input to the amp. I spliced speaker wires into that harness, and nothing....

1st, I tried grabbing a signal from the rear right speaker, and no sound at all. Then, I tried to grab the signal from the stock sub wiring harness in the trunk using the Violet/Green & White/Green wire. Still nothing...

At this point, I am questioning whether my amp, or sub is bad.

Sponsored

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I am having a hell of a time with this install.... I have a 12 inch Kenwood Excelon sub with a Kicker
47KEY500.1 amp. I have power, ground, remote all wired correctly. There is a 4 wire harness for input to the amp. I spliced speaker wires into that harness, and nothing....

1st, I tried grabbing a signal from the rear right speaker, and no sound at all. Then, I tried to grab the signal from the stock sub wiring harness in the trunk using the Violet/Green & White/Green wire. Still nothing...

Using a LOC? Any voltage coming from the inputs?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Using a LOC? Any voltage coming from the inputs?
I am not using a LOC, the amp is designed to take the signal directly from the speakers. There is voltage from the inputs. Also, I know there is some current going to the sub itself... I was able to shock myself when connecting the sub :)

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

I used the exact amp for my sub setup....I didn't pull a signal off the stock sub harness for that amp though, I used a LOC and grabbed it off the rear deck speakers. What I ended up doing, is returning the key rf amp, and just getting a cheaper mono amp...no need for all that other stuff when I'm only tuning in a single subwoofer was my reasoning.

But what you can try, and how I got it to work, was get a single rca and splice into each of the stock sub wires. They make a little harness that has an rca end, I'll include a screenshot. Than, once you've spliced into the stock sub wire, plug the rca end into a splitter, than the splitter into your amp..

Screenshot_20210123-173747_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20210123-173731_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Notes_210123_173635.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
What do you have the remote wired to? It could be possible you have a bad amp or sub.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
What do you have the remote wired to? It could be possible you have a bad amp or sub.
The remote wire is connected to fuse #23 for the power windows. I used a fuse tap to connect it.

I am starting to think the sub is bad.... I disconnected the sub, and using my multimeter tested impedance. None registered. Tomorrow, I may remove the factory sub from the stock enclosure and run the speaker wires to it, just to make sure I can trigger sound on another speaker.
Sponsored