BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Or you know, just ask.
I thought I did?? I think I know most of your mods, maybe except the exhaust that was in play during that Dyno session.
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I did?? I think I know most of your mods, maybe except the exhaust that was in play during that Dyno session.
I doubt exhaust makes much of difference outside catted vs non-catted.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
2017 GT PP MT82 3.73
PMAS CAI
2018 Intake Manifold - IMRC retained
Corsa Xtreme Catback
92 pump
Custom tune by PRE Racing in Portland, OR.

Didn't pay to get the stock numbers.

5tc3lrz-png.png
Would like to see some long tubes added to the car. Be interesting to see the gain isolated with the 18 manifold.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone who's done the 18 manifold swap done both lockouts and (correctly working) IMRC harnesses? Just curious. I'm happy with how it performs with lockouts but wonder how much different it'd feel street driving or on the highway.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Anyone who's done the 18 manifold swap done both lockouts and (correctly working) IMRC harnesses? Just curious. I'm happy with how it performs with lockouts but wonder how much different it'd feel street driving or on the highway.
Have you talked with Shaun? Im assuming he may have feedback from people who have switched.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Have you talked with Shaun? Im assuming he may have feedback from people who have switched.
Shaun wasn't interested in doing it. Reason number two that I'm going to be moving to Lund or local tuner.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Shaun wasn't interested in doing it. Reason number two that I'm going to be moving to Lund or local tuner.
Where are you sourcing your pigtails from? VMP?

Please keep us posted. Im curious to hear first hand info on the differences between the lockouts and functional IMRC's. Also curious to hear about the tuning experience with them being operable.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you sourcing your pigtails from? VMP?

Please keep us posted. Im curious to hear first hand info on the differences between the lockouts and functional IMRC's. Also curious to hear about the tuning experience with them being operable.
I'd probably get the VMP ones, but I'm not doing it anytime soon. When I did the manifold, lockout was still the way to go, as tuning difficulties were present. Now, it seems people have got a handle on it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. LUND is the way to go. And if you really wanna be on there good side, log everything before getting the tune from them. That way they can look, go into there files and boom you'll be good to go with very little revisions.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Straight from Lund - they do not recommend using the pigtails. They do know how to tune for it. It's not because they don't feel like doing it or don't know how. They have seen many cars with intermittent or random issues down the line with the IMRCs functioning properly. For this reason, they will continue to recommend locking them out. They will tune for it, but they will not chase their tail fixing problems because it is not a tune issue.

Some people it seems have gotten it to work okay. That's great for them. I am just passing this information along.

*My personal opinion* I notice very little if anything lost from locked out IMRCs. I've had this setup for over year still runs great no issues. When I want it to go it goes.
I'm sure we'd all like to have our cake and eat it too. But it's important to understand these kind of things can arise when you're modding you car, especially if it has to do with electronics.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I will be doing this on Thursday or Friday. Using the pig tails. Lund Tuning. Will let you know the results.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Straight from Lund - they do not recommend using the pigtails. They do know how to tune for it. It's not because they don't feel like doing it or don't know how. They have seen many cars with intermittent or random issues down the line with the IMRCs functioning properly. For this reason, they will continue to recommend locking them out. They will tune for it, but they will not chase their tail fixing problems because it is not a tune issue.

Some people it seems have gotten it to work okay. That's great for them. I am just passing this information along.

*My personal opinion* I notice very little if anything lost from locked out IMRCs. I've had this setup for over year still runs great no issues. When I want it to go it goes.
I'm sure we'd all like to have our cake and eat it too. But it's important to understand these kind of things can arise when you're modding you car, especially if it has to do with electronics.
Do you know what kind of intermittent or random issues people may be having?

Just curious so please forgive my ignorance on this...

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've read, using low quality harness or just twisting the wires together & slapping on some electrical tape. Haven't hear about any issues with the VMP harness, which seems to be top notch.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

Just curious so please forgive my ignorance on this...
No ignorance to forgive my man. It's a good question.

I hesitate to paraphrase too much for fear of taking their word out of context and posting it on a forum.

But they did say they've seen many customers have had issues at random with IMRC not functioning properly leading to fault codes. Suffice it to say they've tuned a lot a lot of cars with this manifold and they continue to see issues pop up at random. It's to the point where they will not troubleshoot these kind of issues. And they'll be up front about it if you ask them.
As far as the technical details I will refrain from speculating.
Sponsored