VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
For you guys running the gt350 cold air intake with stock throttle body... where can I get the gasket to put on the throttle body so it can fit properly? Or part number? Thanks
Here is what I did:

A stock GT throttle body is 80mm. A GT350 TB is 87mm. That's an increase of 3.5mm of radius length center to circumference edge.

In other words you need to build up the lip of the stock throttle body by 3.5mm. This is cheap and easy to do.

1. Remove the intake tube from the throttle body and measure the flange edge width.

2. Then buy a roll of Gorilla tape and cut a long, continuous strip of the tape in the same edge-to-edge width as the measurement taken from the stock TB.

3. Roll the tape around the outside lip of the TB until it reaches a thickness of about 3mm.

4. Secure the intake tube to the tape-enhanced TB.

**If you don't like the idea of using the Gorilla tape, then go to your hardware store and find a sheet of rubber of some kind that is approx. 3mm thick. Cut a strip of it with the same width and circumference (80mm x 3.14) as the outside lip of the TB, wrap it around the TB until the ends meet, secure the ends with a small piece of tape, and viola, you have just created your own rubber gasket!!
Sponsored

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
I have hardwired my plugs in and keep getting code P2007 what should i look for ? Could it be a vauum hosed improperly routed?

NJS550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have hardwired my plugs in and keep getting code P2007 what should i look for ? Could it be a vauum hosed improperly routed?
Just lock the imrc out. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. I tried to get mines to work but eventually gave up and locked them out with no issues

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Hard wired also .Ford parts . I had the same codes before and after P2006 and P2007 IMRC closed. Do yourself a favor and lock them out and be done with it .:headbonk:Some cars just don’t like it .

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
you guys are making me want to get my intake on. Too much rain in Florida.

Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
do it , im going to install my buddies 18 intake on from his 14. he hasn't installed it yet, going to lock the runners out and just tune it with my hp tuners and see how I like it compared to stock.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
do it , im going to install my buddies 18 intake on from his 14. he hasn't installed it yet, going to lock the runners out and just tune it with my hp tuners and see how I like it compared to stock.
bad weather up here in Jaxs. Also took her in to get A/C fixed under warranty.

Soon, real soon.

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Some people have fault codes or tune issues,with this parts, is it the solution????
Yes Lund told me there was barely any gain running without the lockouts and that it was much easier with them. I haven’t had a code yet.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Question: If you're running IMRC lockouts, should the purge solenoid be connected to the Vacuum 1 port (sticking straight out on the front of the manifold)?

My mechanic capped off Vacuum 1, as well as the purge solenoid. I just want to make sure this routing is correct because I'm experiencing a weird idle.

DISREGARD CIRCLE ON INTAKE TUBE. That's capped off correctly.

33uzv5f.jpg

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey Guys,

Just picked up my car from the speed shop last night. Had my pypes catless long tubes, 2018 intake manifold and Lund tune installed.

The engine feels really strong and the power comes on so much harder and faster and revving in the danger zone past 7 feels so naughty.

I did the MMR IMRC Lockouts and as far as I know, that made the install and tuning easier for the shop and lund. And after driving on the first tune yesterday drivability was great, much better than I was expecting and idle was fine.

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have yet to see a 2017 with Lock-outs Diagram if anyone has a pic of their 2017 set up with lock outs and no codes showing, don’t be shy and share with us.

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Has anyone had a shop do this install? Was debating whether or not to do it myself and wanted to see what the average cost of an install on this was.
Sponsored