Sponsored

18 GT350 oil line leak?

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
Hello all. Picked up an '18 leadfoot GT350 two days ago and noticed a small spot of oil on my garage floor after backing out. I got underneath, cleaned everything up and watched as oil started weeping out where one of the lines bolt onto the distribution block. I've included a picture below. Any other 2018's with this issue?
image1.jpeg
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hello all. Picked up an '18 leadfoot GT350 two days ago and noticed a small spot of oil on my garage floor after backing out. I got underneath, cleaned everything up and watched as oil started weeping out where one of the lines bolt onto the distribution block. I've included a picture below. Any other 2018's with this issue?
Dealership/warranty. Stat. It'll get taken care of.

OP
OP

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
Dealership/warranty. Stat. It'll get taken care of.
Better believe it. 200 miles on the odometer and it’s already leaking. I hope this isn’t a sign of the future with this car lol

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Better believe it. 200 miles on the odometer and it’s already leaking. I hope this isn’t a sign of the future with this car lol
It'll be fine once its fixed. Don't over think it.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just make sure you have oil on the dipstick before driving it over to the dealer

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just make sure you have oil on the dipstick before driving it over to the dealer
And get in the habit of checking the dipstick at least at every fill up..

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And get in the habit of checking the dipstick at least at every fill up..
WHY. Do I not have this "issue" granted not that I'm complaining. You guys know me...I beat the dick hairs off of my engine too on a regular basis. I've added one quart to my car in 14,000 miles.

Vossen Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Easy fix. I ordered the line myself for my 2017 and swapped it out because I didn't want the dealer touching my car. 6K miles later and the issue never came back!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
WHY. Do I not have this "issue" granted not that I'm complaining. You guys know me...I beat the dick hairs off of my engine too on a regular basis. I've added one quart to my car in 14,000 miles.
I don’t have the issue either but would recommend to any GT350 owner to check their oil level at least at every fill up.

We’ve heard of GT350s being run with ridiculously low oil levels, how do they get that way?

How do you know you only needed to add one quart in 14,000 miles? Did you check it once when you reached 14,000 miles?

My Owners Supplement suggests checking it every month.To me, that’s too long considering the knowledge we have. It’s a minor task for peace of mind.

How often would you recommend?

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I don’t have the issue either but would recommend to any GT350 owner to check their oil level at least at every fill up.

We’ve heard of GT350s being run with ridiculously low oil levels, how do they get that way?

How do you know you only needed to add one quart in 14,000 miles? Did you check it once when you reached 14,000 miles?

My Owners Supplement suggests checking it every month.To me, that’s too long considering the knowledge we have. It’s a minor task for peace of mind.

How often would you recommend?
Well exactly your points too. However, I check my oil every other fill up and I have a quart of oil with me at all times. So far so good until I was down a quart or so once and just filled it back up. Now to be fair, I need an oil change again soon and I'll just be reasonable and guess I'll be down a quart again at least. I'll fully admit some of the low oil reports scared me and put me into a routine. I'll still do it as long as I have the car but so far so reasonable. :cheers:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Well exactly your points too. However, I check my oil every other fill up and I have a quart of oil with me at all times. So far so good until I was down a quart or so once and just filled it back up. Now to be fair, I need an oil change again soon and I'll just be reasonable and guess I'll be down a quart again at least. I'll fully admit some of the low oil reports scared me and put me into a routine. I'll still do it as long as I have the car but so far so reasonable. :cheers:
We’re not that far off :thumbsup:

Happy Motoring:cheers:

OP
OP

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
Easy fix. I ordered the line myself for my 2017 and swapped it out because I didn't want the dealer touching my car. 6K miles later and the issue never came back!
I wish I had a lift at home and not have to deal with this service department. Everytime I've walked into that place I feel like I need a tetanus shot how dirty it is.

If possible do you have part numbers for the lines? Is there a site where I can look up oem parts and part numbers?

Thanks for the replies gents. Much appreciated.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Consider yourself very lucky. All three of my Voodoos have used oil. My current one is roughly 1000-1500 per quart, which is fine. When it is colder out spring/fall it uses more. I've slowed down checking the oil to once a week instead of 2-3 times a week.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
My car didn't used to need any top-up between oil changes at 3-5k miles, depending on how long it's been... Now, at almost 10000 miles, I see the level almost half way on the hashed area of the stick, which is roughly 1/2 quart. Hmmm... better keep an eye on it.

Same driving style, same area, no track days.
Sponsored