bless0

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
the canned tunes are only good enough to turn the engine over and drive around the block. A proper tune is $150 or so. Otherwise shove the reducing collar in there and it'll at least run like a 3-legged race at the carnival. Who buys a tuner and NOT a proper tune?
Its all part of the learning process Shogun. Next time I need your opinion i'll ask you for it.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I just checke the MAF sensor. I took If off and there is no gasket between it and the plastic tube it bolts into. I checked the Stock intake and there is no gasket there either. Things that make you Hmnn!
There should have been one included with the jlt. I had to pry the very thin stock gasket off with a small flat head and then use the jlt provided one. If you have no gasket that could definitely be messing with your maf reading. Unless they've changed their product im guessing your missing it.

OP
OP
bless0

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
There should have been one included with the jlt. I had to pry the very thin stock gasket off with a small flat head and then use the jlt provided one. If you have no gasket that could definitely be messing with your maf reading. Unless they've changed their product im guessing your missing it.
I am sure there should have been one. To verify if that could be my issue I wrapped some black tape around the MAF sensor where it connects to the tube to seal off any spots where air can leak in or out. It felt a bit better this morning but I didn't drive much, just a run for coffee. I'll look for a gasket or just make one.

OP
OP
bless0

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I did identify a local shop here, where I can get a custom tune created. They re out of town until Monday, so lets see what they can do when they get back.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I did identify a local shop here, where I can get a custom tune created. They re out of town until Monday, so lets see what they can do when they get back.
You can get a tune from AED, PBD or Lund emailed and uploaded for your device (most reputable tuners that know this platform inside and out. Lund actually would be out for you as they are nGuage only). The SCT device is great as a tool to load tunes but would never recommend using their built in tunes.

You can do a KAM reset from your device as as well as the battery truck if you have not already.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
but would never recommend using their built in tunes.
Anybody do a canned tune vs custom tune back 2 back with no other changes ?

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Its a crap included SCT tune yes!
so i have 2019, and sct stock tune, i have a "none tune" CAI (Injen Evolution Cold Air Intake)
when you do the configuration on the tuner, choose the stock intake option, and see how it runs, do you have the reducer sleeve in the JLT (i think for a time JLT shipped both, one requiring a tune and one didn't)? the sct tune I believe expects the large sleeve 120'? to be in place.

FYI I'm sure a custom tune could do even more for my 19, but i will say the SCT woke the car up for sure on 19 gt manual.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7