Sponsored

18+ gt positive talk no motor issues

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
About 11K on my 18 now... absolutely no issues and I love the car. The only engine mods I’ve done are the Steeda clutch spring (huge improvement) and a oil catch can. I absolutely love the shift feel of the MT and the car handles extremely well to me, without PP. I guess I’m a 100% satisfied customer (knock on wood).

Retroflect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
About 11K on my 18 now... absolutely no issues and I love the car. The only engine mods I’ve done are the Steeda clutch spring (huge improvement) and a oil catch can. I absolutely love the shift feel of the MT and the car handles extremely well to me, without PP. I guess I’m a 100% satisfied customer (knock on wood).
Could I see a few more pics of your car? I'm torn between another black with blackout package, or the ruby red red with it. Yours looks really good and the ruby is starting to grow on me a lot.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
I have 86xx miles or so, on mine, >really< like the car! have black accent, and active exhaust, 3.55's, commute with it, and just plain like driving it! allthough they just started sanding and salting the roads around here so thats prolly it till spring... seems to run >real< good, no tick on mine either.

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Could I see a few more pics of your car? I'm torn between another black with blackout package, or the ruby red red with it. Yours looks really good and the ruby is starting to grow on me a lot.
Go ruby red!!! That's what I ordered

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Love my car. Bought it in February and just broke 10k miles and it's not my daily. About 5k with the whipple on it. Car has not been babied. I've got no engine issues, and no interior rattles. Absolutely love this car. Best mustang I've had.

HopfibreSn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1/MT82
Had my 18 for 10 months so far, I traded in my 15 gt PP1 (with the power pack 3) for it. No regrets, the 18 is an all around better car IMO. Faster, improved MT82, and looks better.

Zed09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 Magnaride MT82 Whipple 3.75
Only have 2,000 miles but no tick, slaps, or shift fork issues. Been running E85 for the last 1200 and am considering a whipple when the black Friday deals come out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only have 2,000 miles but no tick, slaps, or shift fork issues. Been running E85 for the last 1200 and am considering a whipple when the black Friday deals come out.
Definitely get that whipple you wnot be disappointed...

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I've had my car for 1 month and little over 1500 miles and runs fine with no issues. Car is fast and she handles like it's on rails. Much better than my 15 GT ever did even with the Ford Racing Track Pack suspension. Car is definitely a better overall car than my 15 GT was. I just cut out the resonator (suite case) and installed my Corsa double X pipe and it sounds mean with track mode. Still sounds very quiet on quiet mode which is best of both worlds and is exactly what i was looking for sound wise.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Not that many miles but I'm at 1300 now. The car with the PP2 option box checked handles VERY well. I am starting to notice the difference without the SC2's on them. It still handles well but the AS3+'s do not grip or point nearly as well as the SC2's. I'm hoping the 4S's I put on in the spring bridge the gap a bit more.

I broke mine in according to the manual so. Last night was the first time I got to actually accelerate aggressively to get around traffic. My impression is the car did not "feel fast" but I got around traffic quickly in 4th gear and was going "too fast" fairly quickly. Today I had to merge into traffic and got into 3rd gear before giving it gas to catch up to traffic. Again it didn't throw me in the seat and didn't "feel fast" but it did catch up soon enough. My wife was looking at her phone and never even looked up.

So far no rattles and the car seems fairly tight. I'm sure that is what gives it the "not fast" feeling.

As I get closer to the warranty expiring I'll likely put a Whipple or other roots style blower on it and leave it be after that. I don't race folks on the street, it will never see a track, but I do like a fun driving car that handles well. This so far checks those boxes. Plenty of "tech" for me considering the cars I've had previously. Wish the seating fit me better but had I got the Prem. w/ Recaro's with the power seats it wouldn't be an issue. As it is now I cram myself into the Recaro's but they do hold you in and on the 1.5 hour commute I had were very comfortable considering.

So far no complaints just wish it had more low end torque and the shifter was smoother.

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a 19 since September 2 and have 2300 miles on it. I love it and can't say enough good things about it. The first 2 weeks I had it I found new features every day. I did add Steeda springs and struts and swapped out the Michelin 4s for A/S 3+ in preparation for the colder weather.

OP
OP
PC 2015

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had a 19 since September 2 and have 2300 miles on it. I love it and can't say enough good things about it. The first 2 weeks I had it I found new features every day. I did add Steeda springs and struts and swapped out the Michelin 4s for A/S 3+ in preparation for the colder weather.
What springs did you get. I got the 1in all around linear. Wonder how they feel.
Sponsored