Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is good to hear for me. I just traded my third G37x, a 2011 for a 2018 Roush RS2. I didn't actually drive a 400 Red Sport, but it was fully on the radar as I was making my decision. What I loved about the 37's was the balance of the car. Pushing it into a hard corner was totally predictable. Not to mention the VQ engine and large exhausts sounded like a Ferrari when screaming at 7K RPM. Then came the Q60. I poured over reviews and the same things kept popping up. The qualities that made the G37 legendary, were gone in the new version. Did it look sweet? Heck yes it does. But the numb steering, digital nannies and total lack of sound other than the fake pumped in sound was utterly depressing. I looked at the RC-F, but a car payment, plus another car payment in brake jobs and tires, made me lean away. I'm just learning the Roush, but it does feel very capable in the twisties so far and the sound of the Coyote V-8 at 7K RPM's flowing through the performance exhaust gives me all I want in the sound department. Very happy with my decision thus far. Having AWD would have been ideal for bad weather times, but... I'll live lol.

There’s a Rs2 in town jut like yours. Car looks Great. Congrats
Sponsored

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to say, OP came in asking for others opinions on what car to buy, but seemed to be trying to talk himself into the Q60 the whole time.

Go with the Q60, it's what you want.

torqueaddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS HBM M6
[QUOTE="Idaho2018GTPremium, post: 2886926, member: 38279"]So he can do one or two quick 0-60 runs on a full charge? Any given Tesla driving around, even the P100D, is likely much slower than a A10 GT (and many other cars) because the battery will not likely be at full charge necessary for the uber quick acceleration. Did you see the Car and Driver test of the Tesla vs. the Porsche Taycan "turbo s"? Two good 1/4 mile runs, then the Tesla was a 14-15 second 1/4 mile car.[/QUOTE]

The charge has to be really low like under 50% or so. And even then, a P100D would embarrass an A10 GT. Don't let that C&D article fool you. There are videos of p100Ds doing run after run after run and still stomping other high end cars. A mid range AWD (non performance) Model 3 with 60%-90% charge would take a A10 GT all day long from a dig. It takes a lot of hard driving to get the battery down to a charge low enough to cause major power loss.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The transmission in the Q60 is absolute garbage. The infotainment is also quite dated. The Q60 is a good car if you immediately tune it, but you still need to deal with a laggy trans.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The transmission in the Q60 is absolute garbage. The infotainment is also quite dated. The Q60 is a good car if you immediately tune it, but you still need to deal with a laggy trans.
The VR30DDTT is the best part, and ONLY good part of the Q50/60, looks aside.
Sponsored