Sponsored

18+ Edelbrock 2.6 TVS showed up

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
So a few weeks back I ordered @Edelbrock Tech's supercharger for my 2018 and just got it all unboxed...

Everything was boxed pretty damn good, it shows up strapped down on a pallet so the chances of it getting damaged during shipping is almost none. The boxes they use are also pretty tough, the cardboard is twice as thick and most boxes I work with .

IMG_4516.jpeg

Here is a closer look at the head unit, you can def see the opening on the blower is much larger now allowing more less restriction to the rotor inlet...

IMG_4513.jpeg

FullSizeRender-5.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

The intercooler is pretty beefy on these things too, I haven't taken the lid off but I see it through every port on the lower manifold, def a good quality core in there. The core has a pretty good fin density, and they are staggered in there so it's not just a straight through design, this will lead to cooler IATs

FullSizeRender-6.jpeg

This is only a few of the things that showed up with the kit, since the rest is still in it's boxes. The fuel rails have ORB 6 inlets/outlets and each rail has 2 ORB 6 ports on the side. You are to use the included adapter on 3 of those ports, 2 are for the fuel quick connects, 1 for the OE temperature/pressure sensor, and the fourth is plugged.

One thing to point out is even the tuner kit comes with spark pugs, I was not aware of this and bought a set of NGK 6510's in preparation, how ever it seems that was not necessary, these plugs all showed up pre-gapped at .029".
FullSizeRender-2.jpeg
Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Super interested to see the progression on this. I have a whipple on the way, but either of these two superchargers I don’t think you can go wrong.

OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Super interested to see the progression on this. I have a whipple on the way, but either of these two superchargers I don’t think you can go wrong.
Yeah I don't think either will disappoint, I was about to order a Whipple myself when Edelbrock posted about their stage 2, after talking with them for a bit I decided to do their blower instead of Whipple's. Once their stage 2 TB and intake is released I do plan to swap to it and e85, aiming for 900whp

Sponsored

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Looks fantastic! What else would you expect from one of the best established aftermarket performance companies. I had the pleasure of installing an E-charger on a C7 vette and can say the entire kit was top notch. Good Luck with it. I am sure you will make plenty of power with that 2650/manifold combo.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yeah I don't think either will disappoint, I was about to order a Whipple myself when Edelbrock posted about their stage 2, after talking with them for a bit I decided to do their blower instead of Whipple's. Once their stage 2 TB and intake is released I do plan to swap to it and e85, aiming for 900whp
Right on, I got the stage 2 complete kit so when I get the funds I’ll be going Fore return with ID1050x. Not cheap though, so I’ll probably just pulley down on race gas for a while before making the switch to e85.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Nice man, and thanks for the pics of setup looks clean.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Very nice!!

What spark plugs did they include?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
make sure to still use the 6510s.
I have the 6510's. but Nick had said these should be fine as well since they aren't like the black ones they used before, these are iridium heat range 7 as well, hell, they look identical to my 6510's other than the part #

Very nice!!

What spark plugs did they include?
M-12405-M50A, they are Ford Performance 1 step colder plugs, all of them seem to be pre-gapped to .029"

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
What brand/size injectors? Also, is there any cutting or grinding required like the case with the Roush/VMP?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
What brand/size injectors? Also, is there any cutting or grinding required like the case with the Roush/TVS?
I'm using DW95 injectors with my kit, I'm not sure what size come with them, @Edelbrock Tech can prob chime in for that one. It does look like they use OE length injectors though, so you could slap LU47's, DW88's, or ID1050x's on them with no issues.

Also no grinding, only have to drill and tap a pre-exising hole, they include the bit and die for it. On of those holes might be pre-tapped by factory too.
Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 5.04.01 PM.png

OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Few more pics of the head unit. I was test fitting the rails and injectors to make sure everything fit the way it should. This unit uses OE length injectors, so you can either run the 11-17 38# injectors, Lu47's, DW88's, DW95's, or ID1050x's, pretty much any injectors that is OE length or has adapters to be OE lenght(like my DW95's).

This is a shot from the port with the injector in place

FullSizeRender-3.jpeg

Shot of the back of the head unit, you can see the ACT sensor on the back of #4 and a 1/8NPT plug on the back of #8, tat plug is a vacuum/boost source for boost gauges/regulators/hobbs

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Side view of the blower with the rails and fuel line adapters attached. There are 3 ORB6 plugs, one on the front of each rail, and one on bank 1 rail. This plug can be replaced with a ORB 6 plug w/NPT port in order to add a fuel pressure gauge. The bank 2 rail uses both ports since the OE fuel pressure sensor goes on one and the fuel feed adapter on the other

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

FullSizeRender-2.jpeg

Another thing to note is the entire unit can be disassembled into smaller parts in case someone wanted to send it to be ported, the runner themselves can be unbolted from the main blower housing, so can the snout, this will save on shipping weight and size if you have to send it off. They have gaskets, which can sort of be seen sanwhiched in-between the part in the pictures above.
Sponsored