Sponsored

'18 double-honks when idling and I close any door

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
When I get out of the car with it running (in PARK), with the keyfob in my pocket, it double-honks when I close any door (even the passenger side door). So every time I get out of the car to pick up my mail, and I open/close the pass. side door to put the mail on the seat, honk honk.

The manual describes a function called "Keyless Warning Alert": "The horn will sound twice when you exit
your vehicle with the intelligent access key and your vehicle is in ON, indicating your vehicle is still on."

I guess it might make sense for some alert to happen if you close the driver's door in this situation--as if you were about to leave the car running accidentally--but why does it also honk when you close the passenger door? Is there a way to disable this warning?

If I'm supposed to leave the fob inside the car, decades of experience have conditioned me to always make sure I don't leave the keys in the car...
Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Find someone to program that off - or come to Houston

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
Or... You could just turn off your car. I haven't seen it with the Mustang yet, but it's been shown with other cars that your fob doesn't have to be in it for someone to drive away with it.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I may be wrong but I think you can disable the honks with forscan.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I may be wrong but I think you can disable the honks with forscan.
Yes you can, I disabled mine with FORScan as it annoyed the heck out of it. I also changed the panic alarm to only trigger when I press the button twice, as I accidentally triggered it time to time when getting out of the car.

Sponsored

chicklet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
I'm a CHICK!
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Yep, its simple...you can disable it with FORscan. It works on my 2018. I still need to spend some more time and confirm more of what works on the '18 versus the 15-17's

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Or... You could just turn off your car. I haven't seen it with the Mustang yet, but it's been shown with other cars that your fob doesn't have to be in it for someone to drive away with it.
As soon as you press the brake or clutch, my car turns off. THis is my 17.. sure 18+ are the same.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
As soon as you press the brake or clutch, my car turns off. THis is my 17.. sure 18+ are the same.
That doesn't happen with mine. You can drive away without the key no problem. You can even shut the car off and if you turn it back on within a certain short amount of time (20-30 seconds) it will even restart without the key.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't happen with mine. You can drive away without the key no problem. You can even shut the car off and if you turn it back on within a certain short amount of time (20-30 seconds) it will even restart without the key.
Maybe cause mines a Canadian model?

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does this if I get out of the car with it running and the key fob in my pocket. Normal that it does this.

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
normal, but if you don't fully latch the door closed it will not honk.

OP
OP
Zathras

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the feedback. If it's "normal" I'll just learn to live with it (or turn the car off).

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Guessing the ‘18 is the same as ‘15-17. If you hold the fob up by the top of the driver window when closing the door it won’t honk. Pretty good work around for this shitty feature.

chicklet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
I'm a CHICK!
Vehicle(s)
18 GT