Sponsored

17 GT350 rear suspension mods

GDDYUP50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Shelby GT350
Hola everyone!

I was going to order some rear suspension mods for my 17 GT350 for a Christmas present to myself. Nothing too crazy. Looking at some BMR stuff. I have the jacking rails already installed. I don't see anything that mentions anything that is GT350 specific, so am I correct in assuming that anything listed for the S550 platform will fit fine on the GT350? This is a street car with *maybe* a road course run here and there but nothing track focused at all for now.

Just want to make sure I'm ordering the correct stuff before I do.

Thanks!
Sponsored

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
I just don`t understand the need to do this . The car is a fantastic piece of equipment that Ford spent a zillion dollars on to get right and yet people want to bolt on poorly researched (compared to ford) aftermarket stuff on.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Ford did a great job on these cars. But there are some improvements depending on what your doing with the car. Just a couple are being able to adjust the camber easier, and bracing to eliminate wheel hop if you throw additional power to it . The quality company’s like BMR, Steeda, etc. make some really high quality parts that just improve on the factory produced stuff.

I just don`t understand the need to do this . The car is a fantastic piece of equipment that Ford spent a zillion dollars on to get right and yet people want to bolt on poorly researched (compared to ford) aftermarket stuff on.

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
Yeah true but i still think there's a lot of people thinking they`d be cool to bolt the latest JC Whitney gadget on and them brag about it..

Rant over

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve yet to hear of anyone bolting on a jc whitney part on a gt350 and bragging about it. That’s a peculiar thing to throw out there.

Yeah true but i still think there's a lot of people thinking they`d be cool to bolt the latest JC Whitney gadget on and them brag about it..

Rant over

Sponsored

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
It's just an over exaggeration to illustrate a point.
Everybody's entitled to their own thing, just not for me.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Pretty much listed in reverse order (sorry about that)…

Rear Suspension
  • Cortex Racing Rear lower control arms - monoball
  • Cortex Racing Rear Adjustable Toe Arms
  • Steeda Rear Adjustable Camber Arms
  • Steeda Subframe Bushing Support kit
  • Steeda IRS alignment kit

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Pretty much listed in reverse order (sorry about that)…

Rear Suspension
  • Cortex Racing Rear lower control arms - monoball
  • Cortex Racing Rear Adjustable Toe Arms
  • Steeda Rear Adjustable Camber Arms
  • Steeda Subframe Bushing Support kit
  • Steeda IRS alignment kit
For the OP who admittedly wrote only a "street car" and "nothing track focused"???

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the OP who admittedly wrote only a "street car" and "nothing track focused"???
Well… You have a point. Those things won’t hurt a street car. But they’re not needed either.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hola everyone!

I was going to order some rear suspension mods for my 17 GT350 for a Christmas present to myself. Nothing too crazy. Looking at some BMR stuff. I have the jacking rails already installed. I don't see anything that mentions anything that is GT350 specific, so am I correct in assuming that anything listed for the S550 platform will fit fine on the GT350? This is a street car with *maybe* a road course run here and there but nothing track focused at all for now.

Just want to make sure I'm ordering the correct stuff before I do.

Thanks!
Having been corrected, let’s go back to the start. What change are you hoping to experience? What “problem” are you trying to solve?

Sponsored

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Well… You have a point. Those things won’t hurt a street car. But they’re not needed either.
Absolutely - and I didn't mean to come off harsh so apologies there... And the funny thing is that how many times have we heard "not using it as a track car" but once they go a time or two that is exactly what it becomes -- full on track! :cwl:

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
The 350 has definite need for improvement in the suspension. There are areas that need work. I run allot of steeda components and they have helped the car around the track pretty good.

Steeda Sub frame alignment kit, do yourself a favor and take the subframe bolts out and look how much gap is left inside, if you think there isn’t any deflection going on in there your crazy. Huge improvement.

Steeda Vertical links, subjective but add strength .

Steeda Road Race K member (around 25lb savings) subjective, not necessary unless your going crazy with the setup.

Steeda IRS support brace, I would say subjective but it does a great job in stiffening the subframe under extreme cornering. Don’t knock it unless you try it.

Steeda Rear toe links, alignment for track

Steeda Rear adjustable camber arms alignment for track

Steeda Jacking rails, add weight, but if you switch wheels allot than it makes sense.

Steeda Adjustable Caster Camber Plates, self explanatory, they allow for a steep track alignment,

just because Ford engineered it doesn’t make it perfect, there is always room for improvement, especially if your going to really push the car hard.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a video we did on bringing the GT350 Suspension to the next level - Chris, our Marketing Manager also has a GT350 ... let us know if we can assist:

Sponsored