Sponsored

'17 GT350 Dyno run at Porsche dealer

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Gent's,

Watched a friend (who is a Porsche tech) dyno his Grabber Blue Track Pack today at the Porsche dealer. It was fun watching guys who regularly see GT3 and RS's gather around and gawk at the Voodoo put down it's run. They were most impressed with the linear power curve and how it made power all the way to red line.

-Peak HP: (427 run 1 and 433 run 2 WHP at 7700. Interesting to see just as in my GT3 the last 500 rpm's are just for the experience.

-Max Torque: (344 run 1 and 341 run 2) at 4700.

This seems low compared to others but I think Mustang brand dynos are generally conservative. I have attached the dyno sheet from the first run below. Feel free to comment if you see anything interesting.
IMG_3879.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Mustang Dyno's are known notoriously as "heartbreaker" dynos, and certainly read lower than most all other types. Those are great numbers to get on that dyno!

Most interesting is that the Porsche dealership has a dyno in their shop, is that the norm? :eyebulge:

OP
OP

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Mustang Dyno's are known notoriously as "heartbreaker" dynos, and certainly read lower than most all other types. Those are great numbers to get on that dyno!

Most interesting is that the Porsche dealership has a dyno in their shop, is that the norm? :eyebulge:
It's not the norm, but this is a brand new facility in Mpls and they get it. Probably sold more high end Porsche's than cities with much larger demographics. They won't sell to buyers out of state and only sell at MSRP. How about that. :cheers:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
What gear was that run in? Do you have any other Porsche dyno runs to compare? I'm curious what a 991 GT3 puts down on the same dyno.

OP
OP

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
What gear was that run in? Do you have any other Porsche dyno runs to compare? I'm curious what a 991 GT3 puts down on the same dyno.
Those pulls were done in 4th gear. The tech said it was a perfect 1:1 ratio in fourth. One engine RPM per one rev of the transmission. Most accurate way to get an accurate HP number. I just had him pull up the last 991 GT3 he had on that same dyno and it put out:

408 peak HP
269 peak Torque

Hope this helps..

Sponsored

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
Those pulls were done in 4th gear. The tech said it was a perfect 1:1 ratio in fourth. One engine RPM per one rev of the transmission. Most accurate way to get an accurate HP number. I just had him pull up the last 991 GT3 he had on that same dyno and it put out:

408 peak HP
269 peak Torque

Hope this helps..
Your tech is wrong
5th gear is 1:1

1st 3.253:1
2nd 2.233:1
3rd 1.611:1
4th 1.243:1
5th 1.00:1
6th 0.629:1

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Things went down hill there after Eddie left for the Chicago dealership.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The same Eddie that's Clark Griswold's cousin?

OP
OP

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Things went down hill there after Eddie left for the Chicago dealership.
Only met Eddie once and was treated fairly. I work with Darin. I would say any dealer that refuses to sell cars out of state to millionaires and only sells at MSRP on cars that are bringing 25-75K ADM's at other dealers is ok by me...

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Dyno curve looks the same as others I've seen. Numbers are a little low but explained by it being a Mustang dyno and possibly by being testing in 4th.

Regarding the last 500 RPM, it's totally normal for cars to loose power over the last few hundred RPM. In fact, if you make peak power at peak RPM, you are giving up performance because when you shift you will be dropping to a much lower power. If you can increase the revs until your power plateaus, then when you shift you won't be losing as much power.

In other words, short shifting the Voodoo gives you less average power than running to redline. I'm sure the GT3 power curve is similar in that respect.

-T

OP
OP

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Dyno curve looks the same as others I've seen. Numbers are a little low but explained by it being a Mustang dyno and possibly by being testing in 4th.

Regarding the last 500 RPM, it's totally normal for cars to loose power over the last few hundred RPM. In fact, if you make peak power at peak RPM, you are giving up performance because when you shift you will be dropping to a much lower power. If you can increase the revs until your power plateaus, then when you shift you won't be losing as much power.

In other words, short shifting the Voodoo gives you less average power than running to redline. I'm sure the GT3 power curve is similar in that respect.

-T
Exactly. Although I will say the 9K red line in my GT3 was other worldly. If you think it's odd and uncomfortable to to let the Voodoo rev to 8250 the last 500 in the GT3 was even more other worldly. Combine it with PDK Sport and the shifts are almost explosive. I highly recommend experiencing it....
Sponsored