Sponsored

'17 Ecoboost PP suspension upgrade

Danoh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Boss 302, 17 Ecoboost
Any recommendations from those who have upgraded PP suspension? Looking to soften the teeth rattling and kidney pounding of the stock PP set up.

The constant barage of gravel and cemet trucks in Central Texas have effectively ruined all the roads. If the road surface is smooth, the ride is perfect. But they are all awful around here.

I've only done 2 track days in 4 years. So I can give up a little track performance for a smoother experience the other 99% of the miles driven.

I've grown weary of the unpleasantly harsh ride. First step was new tires. Michelin power 4 AS made a big difference.
Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Go to 18" wheels and replace the shocks/struts with Bilstein. You can add the BMR rear shock mounts to gain about 3/4 inch of travel which reduces the frequency of bottoming the rear suspension.
I replaced most of the rubber in my suspension with spherical bearings and put GT350R springs in the car and still feel like it rides well. And I'm in PA where the roads laugh at Texas roads.
Really, the Bilsteins will probably solve your problem. If not, you need to buy a different car.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on Bilstein B6 shocks and struts.
Totally transforms the ride.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
@Danoh1
I replaced most of the rubber in my suspension with spherical bearings...
I have replaced 4 of the 8 binding rubber bushings in the IRS. The ride is significantly improved, for both comfort and performance.

Watch this video for the details:
Sponsored