16 to 18 Mustang Sync 3.0 to 3.4?

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I updated mine to 3.4.20351 and maps to 1.19 and the updater program worked perfectly.
Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
the link is still not working for me on page 1 of this thread. I'll go into Cyanlabs and find it another way. Thanks.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
yeah, my work tablet tries to open the program and then immediately closes it. I tried to run it as an admin, and tried to run it in compatibility mode, no go. I'll try a laptop. Thanks for your help!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
yeah, my work tablet tries to open the program and then immediately closes it. I tried to run it as an admin, and tried to run it in compatibility mode, no go. I'll try a laptop. Thanks for your help!
Chances are good that your work IT gurus have set Windows up to refuse to run unsigned applications, and I doubt this one is signed (by Microsoft). Go into "Windows Settings" and search for "Developer". See if it will allow you to turn on the Developer Mode switch. That might enable the app to run.

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
thanks, didnt see "developer" but dont want to mess up this tablet, its not mine and its expensive. And our IS dept is a bunch of tools. Will get a laptop and go that way, but thanks for trying.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
Did the cyan labs update yesterday on my 2015 GT convertible. Couple of years ago I upgraded from sync 2 to all new sync 3 hardware. Worked perfectly!

One tip: I kept getting booted off after loading a few cyan files. Kept trying...same result. Finally, I tried it again, but this time when asked if I wanted to "reformat" my usb drive, I said no. I noticed it then checked the files I had already loaded successfully, and did not have to reload them. It still took a few tries, but eventually all the files downloaded. The install into my mustang was flawless.

toedi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carsten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
A more general question - what is your guys experience after updating to 3.4x, would you end of the day recommend it?

I have a 2018 model and I’m on the edge if I should do it, also given that it’s not really foreseen from Ford itself..

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Go for it, much faster than older version plus you can get updated maps.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
A more general question - what is your guys experience after updating to 3.4x, would you end of the day recommend it?

I have a 2018 model and I’m on the edge if I should do it, also given that it’s not really foreseen from Ford itself..
1. Make sure you are not using the Ford GT theme before you update. Set it back to stock Mustang theme if you happened to use Forscan to change your theme. In 3.4 the GT theme was removed and if you upgrade with that theme enabled, you'll have a blank screen after.

2. With 3.4 you are forced to use a blue theme and there is no option to have a black background.

3. Browsing USB music contents is disabled while the car is moving.

Other than those things it's a good update and as said previously it's much quicker.

Sponsored

toedi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carsten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
Thanks a lot @StangTime and @Ferrcad!

I do have a 3rd party warranty (bumper to bumper incl electronics as the sync module), do you know if with upgrading my warranty potentially wouldn’t be covering that part anymore?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Some accidents can happen but really far between. You need to read up on Cyanlabs about the upgrade process. They have software that you can download free to get the updates and maps. I'm out of warranty at this point so no brainer for me. I upgraded from MFT to 3.4 so a APIM with Nav and screen ran me around 400 used. Figured if I do something to screw it up could always get another.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Just to bump this thread up for anyone on the fence about doing this update via Cyanlabs....do it.

I updated my '19 Base GT to Sync 3 right after I bought it back new 9/19. That APIM I used came from a 2016 Mustang. I used it when I converted my '17 Mustang (removed it when I sold the car). That APIM Started with like version 2 of Sync 3. Updating that to 3.0 was PAIN. But it worked.

Updating that same '16 APIM to 3.4 with Cyanlabs was ridiculously easy. Seriously, go to their website, download the program and simply follow their instructions. 3.4 is faster, looks better and works better.

Last night I updated my wife '17 EB Prem Ragtop w/ NAV to 3.4 and the latest 2020 maps. It takes longer, because there are more files (maps and voice nav files) - but again ridiculously easy and works great.

If you are worried it might void your warranty - then don't . My '19 GT is under warranty. But it didn't come with Sync 3, or drive modes (which I got working as well with FORSCAN) so it's not like they are going to replace my Sync 3 anyway.
Sponsored