16 to 18 Mustang Sync 3.0 to 3.4?

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Thought so, I'm getting ready to do sync 2 - 3 nav on my 2015 and from all the reading I'm leaning towards that same version. Thanks for the clarity... Sync unit is coming out of a 2018 unit and believe it is a gen 3 unit.

Just reread and wanted know how 20136 is working for you? Any issues?

Thanks!!!
I used 19274 for about a month with no issues. At that time, 20136 had not been officially released and lots of user on the Cyanlabs forum were reporting USB playback issues so I waited. Once 20136 was released, I switched to it. I have been on that for about two weeks and have not experienced any problems. I’m thinking the issues were resolved. Give a try. With Cyanlabs you can always downgrade if you encounter any issues.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Giving this a try. I just downloaded 20136. Does that include the NA19 maps? I currently have NA18 installed with NA19 on USB. Not sure if I should do maps first as I see mention of needing to downgrade.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Giving this a try. I just downloaded 20136. Does that include the NA19 maps? I currently have NA18 installed with NA19 on USB. Not sure if I should do maps first as I see mention of needing to downgrade.
If you doing everything through Cyanlabs, then no need to do maps first. Select the correct download and check the "with maps" ticker.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If you doing everything through Cyanlabs, then no need to do maps first. Select the correct download and check the "with maps" ticker.
Thanks, I just did the update and am so much happier! Sync 3.0 sucked. Getting full AA turns to the digital dash. Although they appear to be on the side instead of the center. The exit info in maps appears to be new also unless I missed that before. I liked that feature on my prior car. Especially in areas of no cell reception.

The NA 19 maps came right up. I've had local roads that were missing since I got the car new. It's only taken nearly 3 years.

It still does not pause when using the wheel mute button but I figure by now Ford just thinks it's supposed to work that way. It will pause the CD player, just not digital streams.

Cyanlabs makes the hacking process easier than Ford does to load the normal updates.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Thanks, I just did the update and am so much happier! Sync 3.0 sucked. Getting full AA turns to the digital dash. Although they appear to be on the side instead of the center. The exit info in maps appears to be new also unless I missed that before. I liked that feature on my prior car. Especially in areas of no cell reception.

The NA 19 maps came right up. I've had local roads that were missing since I got the car new. It's only taken nearly 3 years.

It still does not pause when using the wheel mute button but I figure by now Ford just thinks it's supposed to work that way. It will pause the CD player, just not digital streams.

Cyanlabs makes the hacking process easier than Ford does to load the normal updates.
:like:

Sponsored

Thanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Does anyone know if the official 3.4 update via Ford's website will be available for 2016-2018 model years?

ckcmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clement
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
I bought an Sync 2 to 3 unit from Infotainment.com. I asked them whether it will be a 3.4 version, which they have confirmed so. Then they shipped me a 3.0 version and refused to take back or upgrade. Contacted after sale service (super bad service), he said MY2016 will have lots of issues if using version 3.3/3.4. After reading this forum, surely he is lying. Plus now I just found out hellhorse sells the same unit with version 3.4 to a MY2015+

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I bought an Sync 2 to 3 unit from Infotainment.com. I asked them whether it will be a 3.4 version, which they have confirmed so. Then they shipped me a 3.0 version and refused to take back or upgrade. Contacted after sale service (super bad service), he said MY2016 will have lots of issues if using version 3.3/3.4. After reading this forum, surely he is lying. Plus now I just found out hellhorse sells the same unit with version 3.4 to a MY2015+
You should be able to flash the software to 3.4. I have a 3.0 unit from 2018 and it's better than it's ever been now that's it running 3.4 software.

I'm not sure, the 3.0 APIMs may have a little less memory but I it seems fine. I would not want to spend any additional money for a newer APIM hardware version and I'm picky about such things.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I did this update on my 2016 two weeks ago, and every time I start the car, with something connected to USB, or not, I get a message about USB hubs not being supported. I tried a master reset, but that didn't fix the issue.

Anyone else with this?

JR

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I did this update on my 2016 two weeks ago, and every time I start the car, with something connected to USB, or not, I get a message about USB hubs not being supported. I tried a master reset, but that didn't fix the issue.

Anyone else with this?

JR
Have you updated your USB hub to the one that supports Carplay?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Have you updated your USB hub to the one that supports Carplay?
Nope. Using the same hub that was installed from the factory, which supports Android Auto.

JR

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60