16 to 18 Mustang Sync 3.0 to 3.4?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well my warranty is way beyond gone (almost at 100k...yes I love driving my car).

So without changing the APIM, I cannot do anything...even though is seems that others in this thread have upgraded from 3.0 --> 3.4? Just want to make sure? Also want to know if there is a real difference besides the coloring...if not...no need for me to do it.
If you have Nav the unofficial 3.4 update also gets you the 2019 maps.
Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium

Mastodon2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just installed 20021 on my '16 w/Nav. Only issue I had was that the system never rebooted during the reformat tool. At the 15 minute mark, I ended up just pulling the thumbdrive. That forced the reboot (after the screen turning into a rainbow of colors.) Stuck the other thumbdrive in, and 28 minutes later, complete!

Did a master reset to wipe out any misconfigs, and so far so good. Surprisingly, it even feels a little more responsive than on my wife's 2020 Explorer.

Sponsored

DH9387

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So I have read through this thread completely and still have some questions on what all is needed to update from 3.0 to 3.4. I have a 2016 GT350 with Sync 3 version 3.0 and NAV. I have already upgraded to the CarPlay USB and have also upgraded to the 2018+ satellite radio antenna (probably irrelevant here). Also, I have never done any FORScan mods to the car. Are there any other hardware, software, or firmware updates that I would need to do before attempting to upgrade to 3.4 to get the full benefit? I have no plans on ever updating to the digital dash, but are there any other hardware upgrades I could get (even if not required) to improve the system or provide additional functionality with 3.4? Finally, after the 3.4 upgrade, will the Shelby boot screen still be the default or will have I to use FORScan to put that back?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So I have read through this thread completely and still have some questions on what all is needed to update from 3.0 to 3.4. I have a 2016 GT350 with Sync 3 version 3.0 and NAV. I have already upgraded to the CarPlay USB and have also upgraded to the 2018+ satellite radio antenna (probably irrelevant here). Also, I have never done any FORScan mods to the car. Are there any other hardware, software, or firmware updates that I would need to do before attempting to upgrade to 3.4 to get the full benefit? I have no plans on ever updating to the digital dash, but are there any other hardware upgrades I could get (even if not required) to improve the system or provide additional functionality with 3.4? Finally, after the 3.4 upgrade, will the Shelby boot screen still be the default or will have I to use FORScan to put that back?
Cannot answer about the splash screen but as far as the 3.0 to 3.4 update everything you need to know is on the Cyanlabs website. They can also answer any questions you have. Ut's there software so dealing with them directly is your best bet.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
V
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 Range Rover Sport
Just installed 20021 on my '16 w/Nav. Only issue I had was that the system never rebooted during the reformat tool. At the 15 minute mark, I ended up just pulling the thumbdrive. That forced the reboot (after the screen turning into a rainbow of colors.) Stuck the other thumbdrive in, and 28 minutes later, complete!

Did a master reset to wipe out any misconfigs, and so far so good. Surprisingly, it even feels a little more responsive than on my wife's 2020 Explorer.
When you say “master reset”, you mean... what, exactly? Is that the “Power+Seek” combo, or something else (like Reset in Settings)?

Sponsored