Sponsored

16 to 18 Mustang Sync 3.0 to 3.4?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've got a late build 2019 and mine shows Sync 3.3. Does anyone know what is the difference, if any to Sync 3.4 from 3.3?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ugh... “Dark Mode” is now a dark blue background instead of black????

Is that totally true in all screens??

If so, that’s a step backwards. The blue would be as annoying as “light” mode.

I still have not updated because the original Dark Mode is better suited for my preferences...

If 3.4 Blue Mode is the new Dark Mode, is there a way of changing it in Forscan back to black?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Does 3.4 have a more stable bluetooth connection? When my phone is connected and I'm on music I've had 2 or 3 instances of the connection taking a crap. I'm skipping a bunch of songs and then no more skipping and stops updating what song it is on. Pretty much have to turn the car off and on to make it work again. it's only happened 2 or 3 times. The first time nav and everything took a crap even after restarting the car so I had to do a reset.

I also see people concerned about warranty. So if my computer dies and I have 3.4 it won't be covered? What are the concerns warranty wise?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I went from 3.0 - 3.3 the other night, took a few times to get the USB to be read but once it loaded no big deal. I then went to the above website so I could go from NA1.17 to NA1.18. I don't use the builtin nav much as I use Waze most of the time, but I figured I do this as there isn't a lot to do with the car right now anyway. I started the car up, put the USB in and it started to update right away. What I didn't realize is that the Engine Automatic shutoff resets every time you restart the car, so it didn't work—car shut down. I disengaged the auto off and put the USB drive back in. It will not read the the USB anymore. I reformatted the drive, reinstalled the software onto it and it still won't work. Tried different USB sticks nothing. What gives?
I know I'm late to this, but I had a similar problem with my 2018 Explorer. When Ford support couldn't help me, I decided to figure it out the slow and hard way.

It turns out that when you download an update from Ford (for me, it was just the map update) they pack a bunch of other stuff into it. In my case, it also updated Sync3 V3.0 to the latest build, and did a few other things as well. The way it does that is with a set of files in the syncmyride directory on the USB and a manifest in the autoinstall.lst file.

My map update failed at the end, and the error message was "put the USB in and try again" or words to that effect. Thing is, if you use the same USB, some of the files are already updated, and a second attempt will crash the update workflow. Essentially, you're stuck - the update's not finished but you can't redo it either.

The solution was to edit the autoinstall.lst file and remove the lines that had already updated. I took the first item out, and it failed again. I took the second line out and it failed again. I kept this up until the first line in the file was the one that hadn't updated, and the process then ran to completion.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I've noticed that while the directions from google maps in android auto do show on the dash, the time and distance to destination values are 0. I'll be updating to see if that is one of the fixes.
Also, the bootloader will work if you flash the 19101 first...
Man, you guys are awesome. Thanks to all responses and the OP for asking the question. I will be doing this on my 16 asap.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Anyone having issues downloading the update files from Cyanlabs? I downloaded drive one with no issue when I try to download the nave version for me i get the following.

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I have successfully upgrade my 2016 to 3.4. Does any one have a video of the calm feature that you get by flashing the APIM?

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Not sure if I want to do this or not...right now I am running Sync 3, version 3.0. Is there a way to use the methods discussed to update to Sync 3.3. BTW I am a non-nav APIM. Is the update worth it? I mainly use carplay and almost no Sync functions.

Thanks

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if I want to do this or not...right now I am running Sync 3, version 3.0. Is there a way to use the methods discussed to update to Sync 3.3. BTW I am a non-nav APIM. Is the update worth it? I mainly use carplay and almost no Sync functions.

Thanks
You cannot update from 3.0 to 3.3 without changing the APIM. 3.4 is an unofficial update that modifies your 3.0 APIM. I’m still in warranty and not looking to screw that up so I’m keeping my 19’ at 3.3.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
You cannot update from 3.0 to 3.3 without changing the APIM. 3.4 is an unofficial update that modifies your 3.0 APIM. I’m still in warranty and not looking to screw that up so I’m keeping my 19’ at 3.3.
Well my warranty is way beyond gone (almost at 100k...yes I love driving my car).

So without changing the APIM, I cannot do anything...even though is seems that others in this thread have upgraded from 3.0 --> 3.4? Just want to make sure? Also want to know if there is a real difference besides the coloring...if not...no need for me to do it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Well my warranty is way beyond gone (almost at 100k...yes I love driving my car).

So without changing the APIM, I cannot do anything...even though is seems that others in this thread have upgraded from 3.0 --> 3.4? Just want to make sure? Also want to know if there is a real difference besides the coloring...if not...no need for me to do it.
You can do the unofficial update to 3.4.
Go here to read all about it.
https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/update-ford-sync-3-2-2-3-0-to-version-3-4-all-years-3-4-19200/

Many have done this successfully with no issues. Just go slow and you should be fine. Just make sure you are comfortable modifying you system.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
You can do the unofficial update to 3.4.
Go here to read all about it.
https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/update-ford-sync-3-2-2-3-0-to-version-3-4-all-years-3-4-19200/

Many have done this successfully with no issues. Just go slow and you should be fine. Just make sure you are comfortable modifying you system.
Thanks. I am going to think about it for a little while...I also may decide to update the hardware in a couple of months (need to save up some money...maintaining my 1970 mustang set me back a pretty penny and now I have to do the maintenance on this one...so I need to budget for a little while).
Sponsored

Last edited: