Sponsored

16' Mustang GT convertible subwoofer

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT convertible
I have a premium car with no sub but have the shaker system. Any subwoofer ideas for the trunk? With the upper rear deck completely sealed to house the top wanted to hear success stories/ideas. No one seems to make a side mount rear woofer yet like last gen. Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
I have a 401A coupe; it came standard with the OEM woofer, which I replaced with a Kicker sub powered by a compact JL amp. You could do something similar

OP
OP

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 401A coupe; it came standard with the OEM woofer, which I replaced with a Kicker sub powered by a compact JL amp. You could do something similar
Kool. Could you share some pics? I have never seen the OEM.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
I have a convertible with stock subwoofer in the trunk. works fine. btw the lower part of the rear seat is exposed in the trunk. the top sits in a compartment that does not go all the way down. I know this because I put Katzkins on my seats and when I replaced the rear seat I could see the new material in the trunk. but anyway, it is not a problem for the subwoofer to be in there. mine mounts on the right side. I believe the hardtop version is a little different and will not fit the same.

OP
OP

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a convertible with stock subwoofer in the trunk. works fine. btw the lower part of the rear seat is exposed in the trunk. the top sits in a compartment that does not go all the way down. I know this because I put Katzkins on my seats and when I replaced the rear seat I could see the new material in the trunk. but anyway, it is not a problem for the subwoofer to be in there. mine mounts on the right side. I believe the hardtop version is a little different and will not fit the same.
Thx. I noticed the seat material as well. Great news for letting bass responses through. Only box designs I can find are like is and isolate the front from the back. Would work fine for a coupe where the top deck is vented to the trunk but the convertible is all metal above housing the top.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262644726487?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Sponsored

OP
OP

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Custom enclosure

Going the custom route. Will fab a dual 10" enclosure to fire down and center behind back seat that will fire through it and maximize output in the car as well as conserve truck space. Will update with pics.

shawnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Mustang Vert in Ruby Red
Going the custom route. Will fab a dual 10" enclosure to fire down and center behind back seat that will fire through it and maximize output in the car as well as conserve truck space. Will update with pics.
Keen to see the pics as I will be doing something similar when I receive my GT Vert.

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
How the custom subwoofer install go

Just checking to see how the custom subwoofer installation went?

OP
OP

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Phase one of the system upgrade for my 16' Mustang GT convertible, Rockford Fosgate T2T-S (Titanium power series tweeters) replacing the stockers in the pillars, Rockford Fosgate T750X1BD 750 continuous (birth certificate with the amp proves 978 watts, WOWZA) watt mini chassis amp on the custom dual 10" subwoofer in the wheel well with two Rockford Fosgate R2 10" subwoofers. The Rockford T1 slims are the next upgrade to the R2's but I wanted to hear the difference between them. The R2's are super efficient and pound while being relatively shallow for a full frame sub-woofer.

The Mustang convertibles are a challenge for trunk space if you want to have anything else in there too! Lol. In the wheel well is an awesome solution then use Velcro to hold the air compressor on the oem carpet to save your butt if you get a flat... #RockfordRocks Rockford Fosgate

Phase two - The NEW Rockford DSR-1 that will give me full control over the factory head unit and amplifiers BEFORE the amps, 8 channel signal processor, add time alignment, 231 bands of parametric eq, level controls plus more WITH a tharness so i can put back to stock later, AND has a killer APP to control her via bluetooth, , T400X4ad amplifier for the highs/mids and the T1 slim subwoofers..
AD9259C9-06DC-4E6C-A44F-EBC8C6B8641E.jpeg
EAC32087-523B-41BE-89B8-CBABC23DD5A6.jpeg

OP
OP

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a pic of the beast and the tweeters in the oem locations.

I tried a few different enclosures but by far response and saves the space is in the wheel well. Call, text or pm me if you have any questions. The new Rockford DSR1 works awesome on the oem head unit.
4E231A54-333B-46EF-81C2-192D0BBD849F.jpeg
C39F68CB-C86D-4C41-870A-75CD3861A3FF.jpeg

Sponsored

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
Rockford vs JL Audio?

Very nice install man! I had thought about doing either wheel well or both side of the trunk where the factory subs come in.

I was thinking about using the JL audio shallow mount subs. Why did you go with the Fosgates vs. JL?

OP
OP

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx! The Rockford’s took a smaller air space (only .5 cubic foot each) and were more efficient (the R2’s are 3 dB louder with the same power than the W0).. both are good solutions but for our wheel well the R2 is the best solution.

Keeping the woofers firing in the same direction will produce more output than if they were firing at one another. Have to be careful with too much cancelation when using in each side panel firing to the center.

Without fiberglassing Custom corners you can get 1.2 cubic feet and keep the height low enough to allow the factory cover to lay on top.

That’s perfect for two 10’s sealed or a single 12 ported. The 10’s will have the most output (cone area) but the 12 sounds awesome too.

Call or text me if you or anyone has questions 772 408 3169. Alvin

CHeYeNNe71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheyenne
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Phase one of the system upgrade for my 16' Mustang GT convertible, Rockford Fosgate T2T-S (Titanium power series tweeters) replacing the stockers in the pillars, Rockford Fosgate T750X1BD 750 continuous (birth certificate with the amp proves 978 watts, WOWZA) watt mini chassis amp on the custom dual 10" subwoofer in the wheel well with two Rockford Fosgate R2 10" subwoofers. The Rockford T1 slims are the next upgrade to the R2's but I wanted to hear the difference between them. The R2's are super efficient and pound while being relatively shallow for a full frame sub-woofer.

The Mustang convertibles are a challenge for trunk space if you want to have anything else in there too! Lol. In the wheel well is an awesome solution then use Velcro to hold the air compressor on the oem carpet to save your butt if you get a flat... #RockfordRocks Rockford Fosgate

Phase two - The NEW Rockford DSR-1 that will give me full control over the factory head unit and amplifiers BEFORE the amps, 8 channel signal processor, add time alignment, 231 bands of parametric eq, level controls plus more WITH a tharness so i can put back to stock later, AND has a killer APP to control her via bluetooth, , T400X4ad amplifier for the highs/mids and the T1 slim subwoofers..

I'm not sure if you're on here anymore, but I just picked up a 2017 Vert and looking to do something like this. Any chance you have the measurements of the box? I also see you're local in AZ.

musclesoh92467

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Thx! The Rockford’s took a smaller air space (only .5 cubic foot each) and were more efficient (the R2’s are 3 dB louder with the same power than the W0).. both are good solutions but for our wheel well the R2 is the best solution.

Keeping the woofers firing in the same direction will produce more output than if they were firing at one another. Have to be careful with too much cancelation when using in each side panel firing to the center.

Without fiberglassing Custom corners you can get 1.2 cubic feet and keep the height low enough to allow the factory cover to lay on top.

That’s perfect for two 10’s sealed or a single 12 ported. The 10’s will have the most output (cone area) but the 12 sounds awesome too.

Call or text me if you or anyone has questions 772 408 3169. Alvin
Very nice what line out converter did you use ? Eric

stone36441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt

Hello I am thinking of getting the Rockford fosgate T2652-S components for my 2017 and was curious if you had to do any modifications for the tweeters? Thank you
Sponsored