Sponsored

16 Mustang EB Vs 16 Camaro V6

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Recaros are not listed, but most never get them anyway and it's the same with the GT. Just because a stero has 12 speakers is in no way make it better the one with 9. Heck I've heard many here say the upgrade isn't worth it. We will see how the Bose does. Yes the GT has 15" fronts, but 13" rear and much of that is the car is Nose heavy, 54-46. So my guess the Camaro will be more balanced at 51-49 or close to it. If the 200lb model to model isn't there, I have no problem saying they screwed up.

By the way, the Mustang doesn't have in eithe GT or EB
NPP (1ss and v6)
Mag ride (1ss and v6)
Sunroof (1ss and v6)
Rev match (1ss)
HUD (2ss)
Drive modes (base GT none 1ss and v6 does)
Brembo 4piston (EB no v6 does)
You think the SS will develop a better rear bias with the added weight of the LT1 and 4 coolers?

Good luck...
Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
You think the SS will develop a better rear bias with the added weight of the LT1 and 4 coolers?

Good luck...
They got the ats v to near 50-50, so my guess the Camaro won't be much off that.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
They got the ats v to near 50-50, so my guess the Camaro won't be much off that.
Please stop bringing the ATS into this. What exactly does an ATS have to do with the Camaro? Why is the ATS used as such a milestone when the Camaro has little in common with the ATS other than its donor. The entire front section on the ATS is puny compared to the Mack truck front end on the Camaro. Besides, the ATS-V's are usually a little front biased in most reviews. A 52/48 is great, it's just far easier in the ATS.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please stop bringing the ATS into this. What exactly does an ATS have to do with the Camaro? Why is the ATS used as such a milestone when the Camaro has little in common with the ATS other than its donor. The entire front section on the ATS is puny compared to the Mack truck front end on the Camaro. Besides, the ATS-V's are usually a little front biased in most reviews. A 52/48 is great, it's just far easier in the ATS.
You have the gall to say that to me when you have used the ats v so many times in your arguments about weight and brakes for the new Camaro, it was like a broken record.:crazy:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You have the gall to say that to me when you have used the ats v so many times in your arguments about weight and brakes for the new Camaro, it was like a broken record.:crazy:
I used the ATS-V (a notability smaller car) to debunk any sub-3780lbs claims. The ATS-V is in fact a lighter and smaller car. You use the ATS-V's weight to justify a lighter Camaro. I use it to show you it is hard to do...

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used the ATS-V (a notability smaller car) to debunk any sub-3780lbs claims. The ATS-V is in fact a lighter and smaller car. You use the ATS-V's weight to justify a lighter Camaro. I use it to show you it is hard to do...
I think you need to re-read what I said. I said NOTHING about the Camaro being lighter based off the ats v.:doh:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I think you need to re-read what I said. I said NOTHING about the Camaro being lighter based off the ats v.:doh:
No, you just keep bringing the ATS up to justify a 200lbs weight loss, '15 1SS vs. '16 1SS. Stop doing that...

First, the ATS-V's weighed in its first test were between 3760 to 3800lbs.

Second, the Camaro is a shortened and widened CTS.

Third, The Camaro's BIW is 40-50lbs heavier than the CTS and 70-80lbs heavier than the ATS.

Fourth, the 1SS and 2SS can't both be 200lbs lighter than their respective counterparts.

Some things to keep in mind, the SS had areas of weight gain. The LT1 and new 6060 w/ flywheel is probably 75lbs. That is over half of the BIW losses, 133lbs is the majority of the total loss. The dual knee airbags, the new electric seats, the infotainment center, dual screens, seatbelt safety systems front and rear, 3 radiators, Trans and Diff coolers and the calipers and run-flats. That is all new weight gain... The MacP and IRS is suppose to be lighter, the CTS was said to lose 25lbs from its last gen's IRS. The Camaro and CTS-V were different back then... The rotors are lighter, dash panel, I think the rear folding seat is heavier too. Wheels? Heavier in the rear for sure... Driveshaft and Halves will likely be heavier due to the increased output... the fuel cell should be lighter...

If you really look at the parts and look what the CTS lost and where, it doesn't make any sense. I can find 220lbs lost... sure... I inflated a few pounds but not much... I can also find 125lbs of gain... maybe a bit more...

Listen man, did I mislead these good people? No man, I am THE most accurate Camaro source in the net. Admittedly, it's not all my doing.

The reason a majority of Camaro fans come here is to try thePill. They honestly believed that my info was so far fetched it was either a lie or just plain old crazy talk. You need to understand, you guys came here to dispute my information. The reason I treat you guys poorly is because that is how you decided to approach thePill. Keep in mind, the whole time I'm being called crazy, a liar and many other things, the info I provided was either accurate or damn near close.

Do you understand my position now? I am bombarded for months with name calling for collecting, consolidating and providing information to members here, free of charge and far in advanced. The whole time, the people that came here to correct me were ultimately WRONG..... period.....

Those that claimed I misled were misleading people, those that called thePill a liar lied and the people that insisted thePill was rude, uneducated, inexperienced and mentally ill were literally in the wrong the day they decided to construct an argument just to do so.

So it's come down to this...

Either choose to read thePill and take it for what it's worth OR...

...Do not return to my topics or post comments, emotions or opinion as fact.

I received a lot of guarantees about dimensions and MSRP's from a lot of experts and insiders. We just seen Al O's "pleasantly surprised" MSRP's... what else do I need to say?

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, you just keep bringing the ATS up to justify a 200lbs weight loss, '15 1SS vs. '16 1SS. Stop doing that...

First, the ATS-V's weighed in its first test were between 3760 to 3800lbs.

Second, the Camaro is a shortened and widened CTS.

Third, The Camaro's BIW is 40-50lbs heavier than the CTS and 70-80lbs heavier than the ATS.

Fourth, the 1SS and 2SS can't both be 200lbs lighter than their respective counterparts.

Some things to keep in mind, the SS had areas of weight gain. The LT1 and new 6060 w/ flywheel is probably 75lbs. That is over half of the BIW losses, 133lbs is the majority of the total loss. The dual knee airbags, the new electric seats, the infotainment center, dual screens, seatbelt safety systems front and rear, 3 radiators, Trans and Diff coolers and the calipers and run-flats. That is all new weight gain... The MacP and IRS is suppose to be lighter, the CTS was said to lose 25lbs from its last gen's IRS. The Camaro and CTS-V were different back then... The rotors are lighter, dash panel, I think the rear folding seat is heavier too. Wheels? Heavier in the rear for sure... Driveshaft and Halves will likely be heavier due to the increased output... the fuel cell should be lighter...

If you really look at the parts and look what the CTS lost and where, it doesn't make any sense. I can find 220lbs lost... sure... I inflated a few pounds but not much... I can also find 125lbs of gain... maybe a bit more...

Listen man, did I mislead these good people? No man, I am THE most accurate Camaro source in the net. Admittedly, it's not all my doing.

The reason a majority of Camaro fans come here is to try thePill. They honestly believed that my info was so far fetched it was either a lie or just plain old crazy talk. You need to understand, you guys came here to dispute my information. The reason I treat you guys poorly is because that is how you decided to approach thePill. Keep in mind, the whole time I'm being called crazy, a liar and many other things, the info I provided was either accurate or damn near close.

Do you understand my position now? I am bombarded for months with name calling for collecting, consolidating and providing information to members here, free of charge and far in advanced. The whole time, the people that came here to correct me were ultimately WRONG..... period.....

Those that claimed I misled were misleading people, those that called thePill a liar lied and the people that insisted thePill was rude, uneducated, inexperienced and mentally ill were literally in the wrong the day they decided to construct an argument just to do so.

So it's come down to this...

Either choose to read thePill and take it for what it's worth OR...

...Do not return to my topics or post comments, emotions or opinion as fact.

I received a lot of guarantees about dimensions and MSRP's from a lot of experts and insiders. We just seen Al O's "pleasantly surprised" MSRP's... what else do I need to say?
Can your head even fit through a door. I've never seen a guy so full of himself. All that crow that you have eaten from being wrong has really got you wound up. Your just setting yourself up for another meal.:confused::crazy::headbonk:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Can your head even fit through a door. I've never seen a guy so full of himself. All that crow that you have eaten from being wrong has really got you wound up. Your just setting yourself up for another meal.:confused::crazy::headbonk:
So because the info I provided was accurate, I must have an ego. The ego comes from thwarting off never ending waves of expert engineers and professional Motorsport drivers to get accurate information out. I can't tell you how many people said "Mark my words" or "I guarantee" on topics such as dimensions, MSRP and equipment.

So far, I got everything pretty damn close if not spot on. I can see the ones I shattered as clear as day. Maybe some people should have kept their expert mouths shut. Nobody is forced to interact and it's not my fault you don't like the topic material. We had an opportunity to suggest changes to Chevy but decided that proving thePill wrong was more important...

Sorry, I won't be having anything to eat. The last few weeks have been allPill...

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I thought 02GT brought up the ats to talk about weight distribution? Not weight loss/gain? At least in this thread. But maybe I forgot how to read.
Sponsored