Sponsored

16 Mustang EB Vs 16 Camaro V6

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
2016 Camaro V6 hp and torque figures are very impressive for the mpg it will get with 200 pounds reduction in weight and improved fuel management system on camaro.

I've always been NA fan but mustang 3.7 V6 doesnt seem to cut it at 300 hp (competitor 3.6L is at 330ish hp, 370z engine is 330~350hp at 3.7L, and genesis coupe 3.8L is at 348 hp) and camaro has 8 speed trans vs mustang's 6 speed.

That being said, I am sold that camaro V6 is better (more expensive as well/ more options to choose) than mustang V6. It has better mpg, weight, hp, torque, options.

When we compare it with EB, the figures seem very close to each other but EB blows camaro out of water when tuned. So performance wise, EB should win here with a tune. (Still NA vs Turbo factor plays part for my preference)

I like most of how they facelifted the interior of the new camaro but the steering wheel still looks ugly to me. Although Camaro has good overall interior and exterior, Mustang definitely wins in both interior and exterior by big margin.

Handling: I really don't know

Since I love NA cars I am eager to wait and test drive camaro V6 to see what its like but the only thing that I like better about camaro V6 is the power and economy it gives for NA V6..

What should I get guys? I still think mustang wins all around on interior, exterior design. I personally like mustang dash over camaro's.
Sponsored

Last edited:

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
This is going to get good.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I'll look for one when they get to Germany and get you a Dash cam vid of it getting Smoked by my Eco

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
If you like the mustang interior and exterior more, but want a higher power NA, why not just go for the GT?

Sponsored

~X~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your coming to a Mustang enthusiast forum asking which car to purchase.. What kind of answer do you think you're going to get?

So in your own words -
Mustang: Better exterior, interior and engine (EB, not V6)
Camaro: Better V6 NA

Choice seems pretty obvious. And as was said, if you prefer NA over FI then get the GT. Problem solved.

/thread

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
If you're a fan of Nat Aspirated engines this is an easy decision...IMO. Purchase a 2016 Mustang GT (Base or PP) it will satisfy your needs, esp since you are such a fan of the S550 int/ext.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes the overhead cam V6 engine in the Camaro is a really good engine, I agree. Too bad GM doesn't make an overhead cam V8 for the SS! It might be a better competitor to the GT.

My seat o the pants dyno says the Camaro V6 is more torquey than the Mustang's V6. When I drove it a few years ago I chose Mustang - mostly due to the cost of options on the Camaro at the time. I wanted some aluminum wheels and they were crazy expensive. They came standard on the Mustang. I also think the shifter feel and visibility out of the Ford are much better. Plus the Ford was more than a thousand cheaper at the time. I haven't been looking at V6 cars recently, so I'm not sure whether those comparisons have changed or not.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Wait till you can drive them both and see how they make you feel. Lots of times the numbers imy that you should like one car, but emotionally you prefer another. If you are an enthusiast, you gotta go with your emotions IMO. No point in buying a car with great specs that doesn't engage you. To me, it sounds like the Mustang would be a better choice wife you prefer the interior and exterior styling.

-T

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I traded a 2011 2SS/RS for this stang. If all you care about is a peppy NA V6 the Camaro probably is the car for you. I absolutely hated the interior of my old Camaro. I hated the fact that you couldnt see out of it. The 6th gen. Looks like it's going to suffer from worse ergonomics than the previous car.

Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
The new v6 Maro' will beat the EB and the 3.7.

Maybe not by much but it will.

Now a tuned EB is a different story. Plus I believe the Eco has more potential with stock turbos already included.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
Always get the V8

in any car if its available. Add blowers, Cams or NO2 later if you need more. Problem solved.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
New Camaro interior seems superior (from what I saw) to Mustang's in every way (not sure why somebody above said Mustang - either must have been thinking about '15 Camaro or is joking).

V6 over EB - always. As much as I like Mustangs, for me it'll be no brainer to go for a Camaro. Would tets drive it first though.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
New Camaro interior seems superior (from what I saw) to Mustang's in every way (not sure why somebody above said Mustang - either must have been thinking about '15 Camaro or is joking).

V6 over EB - always. As much as I like Mustangs, for me it'll be no brainer to go for a Camaro. Would tets drive it first though.
Agree with you on the interior, but some might find it too colorful and complex. Mustang has a plain but really nicely done interior, however the camaro interior looks upperclass almost like a luxury sports car.

For v6 vs ecoboost, tune on the boost will kill the maro. Stock vs stock v6 might be faster.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The camaro has more HP but the stock EB still has a lot more torque (40ft-lb) so it will be close. If you plan to stay stock I would go camaro but almost nobody who goes on these forums stays stock so I would say get that EB
Sponsored