'16 GT, sleeved Predator and F1A94

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Had someone send me over to this thread after hearing about a driveshaft failure in my wife’s car...looks like a similar incident to yours with the RCM module. Did you replace it to get the light to go off on the dash or was it prohibiting basic function of the car? We’ve had race seats in her car for a couple years now so learning to live with the airbag light isn’t a concern lol

A95F2C82-D245-4380-9EF2-E93E4C92C4C8.jpeg
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Had someone send me over to this thread after hearing about a driveshaft failure in my wife’s car...looks like a similar incident to yours with the RCM module. Did you replace it to get the light to go off on the dash or was it prohibiting basic function of the car? We’ve had race seats in her car for a couple years now so learning to live with the airbag light isn’t a concern lol

A95F2C82-D245-4380-9EF2-E93E4C92C4C8.jpeg
No drive shaft loop or did it eat it?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Twisted and pulled itself out of the rear slip joint.

5D2072C6-9E3E-4981-B10B-20058D1AB5B2.jpeg
:( Sorry, I saw the vid. I know it's had a big impact on your wife. You'll get her back on the road I'm sure.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
:( Sorry, I saw the vid. I know it's had a big impact on your wife. You'll get her back on the road I'm sure.
Appreciate it! It was one of those straw that broke the camels back breaks. Definitely took a hard hit to her motivation and enthusiasm but nothing that can’t be corrected. Car had to come down anyways for a few upgrades so no better time than now to have everything gone through front to back!

Sponsored

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Appreciate it! It was one of those straw that broke the camels back breaks. Definitely took a hard hit to her motivation and enthusiasm but nothing that can’t be corrected. Car had to come down anyways for a few upgrades so no better time than now to have everything gone through front to back!
The hard crash codes will inhibit airbag and ABS function. You can simply replace the module, but the vin will have to be programmed and a bunch of codes will have to be cleared and ABS module reset. I saw the vid and pics of the tunnel. Mine wasn't nearly as bad. The rear section of the ds beat the tunnel a lil bit, the front ejected out onto the floor. I have a qa1 carbon drive shaft now and plan to check it over monthly.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
crash codes will inhibit airbag and ABS function. You can simply replace the module, but the vin will have to be programmed and a bunch of codes will have to be cleared and ABS module reset. I saw the vid and pics of the tunnel. Mine wasn't nearly as bad. The rear section of the ds beat the tunnel a lil bit, the front ejected out onto the floor. I have a qa1 carbon drive sh

In addition, we will probably fab up custom front and rear loops...
Right on, thanks for the additional info! CF is looking like the best option at this point. This steel was one was already so damn heavy it's hard to want to go any more extreme with steel....the other option presented recently has been a MW 7075 aluminum shaft...needless to say we've got a couple conversations to have this week!

Steeda makes this piece that we've been thinking about picking up and making work. Conceptually I'm thinking a support that bolts to the original 2 piece center support location.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-musta...Q1iyrEPayjfkufYX3Ts4BDy1aKbXAU-xoCMoUQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Have you determined the root cause? Rear u joint failure is more likely that twisting the shaft. A double loop setup for the s550 is needed.

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
.004-.005
I have a new gen2 block and diamond pistons. Currently measuring .004”. Spec card recommends .0045”. Don’t think I want to risk a machine shop trying to take out .0005”.

Sponsored
OP
OP
80FoxCoupe

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I have a new gen2 block and diamond pistons. Currently measuring .004”. Spec card recommends .0045”. Don’t think I want to risk a machine shop trying to take out .0005”.
How much boost? What blower?

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Also bought comp stg2 blower cams for hopes of a little bump in power when maxing out this P1X. Any thoughts on possible horsepower gain?
Sponsored