Sponsored

16 Base R for sale, am i seeing this right?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Actually the R is in the VIN. If people just don't have the money to buy an R but want one, taking the wheels out of the equation is a good temporary solution. You can buy a set of CF wheels after the fact. I just threw that option out there for someone who has expressed interest in my TY R. I really don't want to sell, but I doubt I will have the garage I need for 4 FP cars by the time the 500 gets here.
I'd bet you get an offer!!!! The buyer was on the fence on the price and almost walked away until I mentioned keeping the CF wheels. Then he ran off like a little boy all the way back to TN LOL. I I know is that I have a certified bankers check for 55k in hand and my wheel R sold. Didn't do to bad for a 3 year old car with 14k miles that I bought used with 1k miles for MSRP and tracked the poo out of her (drove it like it was meant too). Great times with the car. A few stumbles along the way, bad wire on solenoid, bad clutch switch, bad exhaust valves. But mechanically she was sound! What beast on the track too! My only issue with the platform is still the weight. Have kept up with other (not so good drivers) R's in lighter less powerful track prepped cars, S2000, 86. And the cost!!! OMG the cost to run her on the track, HOLY SHIZA!!! I spent close to 8k in tires alone a year!!!!!!! That and the Champ car could not be sustained financially. One had to give and the other provided much more track time with door to door adrenaline pumping competitive edge.
Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Totally get it, the runnign costs for big, heavy, powerful cars on track is eye-watering. They're fun though. ;-) I am doubling down on getting my E36 BMW racecar finished after a lengthy refresh process; I can do 2x the track weekends for the same money in that car.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Seriously? I got a discount on the wheels and the Ford performance stickers I got for free from Ford. So you could say I got paid for wearing the decals. I even got Carbon Revolutions to hook me up with their decal and the data file to make more.

Why would anyone buy a GT350 when they could have an R? See how stupid that sounds?

Men acting like boys? :wink:
At least you got something for it then, that is nice/cool.

You didn't deny getting a Veloster..........:wink:

I guess I wouldn't consider an R without the CF wheels unless I had something similarly lined up weight wise for track wheels.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Actually the R is in the VIN. If people just don't have the money to buy an R but want one, taking the wheels out of the equation is a good temporary solution. You can buy a set of CF wheels after the fact. I just threw that option out there for someone who has expressed interest in my TY R. I really don't want to sell, but I doubt I will have the garage I need for 4 FP cars by the time the 500 gets here.
Maybe The R is in the Vin... but it didn't look like it for this guy that bought it... since he flipped it so quick. To each his own, I guess.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Maybe The R is in the Vin... but it didn't look like it for this guy that bought it... since he flipped it so quick. To each his own, I guess.
I think Minn19 had it right. This guy comes home with a car like that and the wife freaked out.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I think Minn19 had it right. This guy comes home with a car like that and the wife freaked out.
We can all hear the shrieking, it doesn't even have a f****** radio, A/C or back seats?!? And you paid how much for it?!? :curse::angry:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
We can all hear the shrieking, it doesn't even have a f****** radio, A/C or back seats?!? And you paid how much for it?!? :curse::angry:
I bought my jet boat from a guy who that happened to. It had 10 hours on it. The wife said its me or the boat.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my GT350 from a guy who only had it for like 3 weeks... his wife said "let it go, I want a house" :)

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
THE WHEELS COST HOW MUCH TO REPLACE!!

bullitt2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Green
My husband better be okay with this down the road :crackup: It will be the wife buying it in my case hehe

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
All these P***yWhipped dudes... LMFAO.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I really believe it's a matter of precedent. I was doing engine swaps on old BMWs and already had a race car when I started dating my wife. Now when I talk about switching cars or going to the track, she says "have fun." As long as she has a car that she likes that's hers, and I don't bankrupt us, she's happy. (I'm pretty financially conservative so low risk of wasting huge piles of money.) There's no way she could act surprised about my love of racing and cars; they were part of my life (and my budget) before she was!

The woman I dated last before meeting my wife, who was around during the first race car build, thought I was insane and acted like I was somehow stealing from her when I spent my money on my hobby. She'd act like our future life would be destitute and hungry because I'd be spending all my money at the track. (It ended up being a good way to be sure she wasn't part of the picture.) Similarly I'd imagine that most people would face some opposition if, out of the blue, they said "hey, I think I'll buy this $65k Mustang and start going to the track and spending $1500 per weekend in fuel, tires, brakes, and fees."

The lesson here is start doing your eccentric stuff early in life so any potential partner knows what they're getting!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I bought my jet boat from a guy who that happened to. It had 10 hours on it. The wife said its me or the boat.
Lol. Worst that ever happened to me was she didn't talk to me for a week after I made an impulse buy while getting the oil changed in my 12 Boss and brought home a Ruby 14 GT500. I gave her a heads up on the R.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Interesting turn of discussion considering these cars are pretty much an unnecessary toy. If the significant other complains about the hobby then it will be a rough road and you chose poorly. I dated my future wife while driving my new 1969 Olds 442, then '71 429 CJ Mach 1, and on. We both knew what the future was going to look like.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Happy wife is a happy life. Obviously this guy didn't get the memo. Look at her expression and posture.

Screenshot_20190604-101013.png
Sponsored