Sponsored

15x12s with proper camber on an S550!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We finally got our 15x11 beadlock which are 15x12 long mounted and installed yesterday. Been waiting on the wheels to show up. Dave and the guys at Bogart got us looking about as sexy as you can get.

As most know that run the 15's, with a baer brake converstion, you can run a 15x8 racestar or 15x9 weld wheel. The weld is a 6.5 offset, which is more of an s197 fitment ideal would be 7.5, but won't clear. 15x10 would be an 8".

The problem with the 15x9 is that once you put the radial pro on, it bulges a ton to the outside of the car, and you have to go negative on the camber to really get them to not hit bad with the launch. Problem is, an ideal launch, your around 0 camber when squatting so you get all the tire on the pavement. Well, when you start with a negative camber before launching, once you make the hit, your leaning in even more, and your really not planting the tire flat on the ground. Which makes it much easier to get wheels spin.

Here comes the AED Knuckles. We partnered with Shaun Perry at AED to bring you the ability to get a great offset and proper camber in a 15" wheel.

The wheels on my car were spec'd as 15x11 beadlock, which measure 15x12 with an 8.75 backspace. We ended up needing a 1/8 inch spacer for proper clearence. so, were really at 8.625 backspace.

What this sizing, you have now added 2" to the wheel, all and then some to the inside, you have moved the tire in 2.125" from before. Spreading the radial pro this way and with this backspace, we were able to set our camber at a positive .2. We like to be just a little to the positive side so we hit as close to 0 as we can on launch.

The setup looks amazing and i'm super excited to hit the track and see how she makes out.

For now, enjoy the pics, and' ill also put in a link to the knuckles. The knuckles btw are designed to work with oem calipers and an s197 rotor. We worked with baer to make a set of brakes that will work as well. We have the test version on my car, and we'll be sending them a knuckle this week to verify on the final production pieces!

We only did 25 sets, as these are very expenisve, and i encourage you to watch Shauns Video in the link.

Knucles
https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/aed-s550-knuckle.html

blade1.jpg

blade14.jpg

blade13.jpg

blade10.jpg

blade9.jpg

blade8.jpg

blade7.jpg

blade6.jpg

blade5.jpg

blade4.jpg