OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday, my wife and I came out to run errands after I just washed it and she said "your car still looks brand new, its beautiful!".
We both like the Deep Impact Blue better than the Royal Crimson and I like the the front End of the 15 much better than 18 still.
The 10-speed is really, really nice but just not worth the bad financial move so my wife can drive it.
We also found a manual trans driving class not far away and we may look into a beater to practice on for under $500
I'm happy I didn't have to get rid of her and you guys all had a lot of good points/advice.
Thanks again
2018-04-02_12-51-07.png

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Good. Trading in a 15-17 for an 18 is a stupid decision. Pay the loan off and see what Ford has to offer on the 2021 Mustangs.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday, my wife and I came out to run errands after I just washed it and she said "your car still looks brand new, its beautiful!".
We both like the Deep Impact Blue better than the Royal Crimson and I like the the front End of the 15 much better than 18 still.
The 10-speed is really, really nice but just not worth the bad financial move so my wife can drive it.
We also found a manual trans driving class not far away and we may look into a beater to practice on for under $500
I'm happy I didn't have to get rid of her and you guys all had a lot of good points/advice.
Thanks again
Free lessons here lol. I would definitely look at getting a beater, something that just runs that she can practice on and get rid of when you don't need it anymore. I've got a few friends whose wives wanted to drive the fun car a lot more often after they got the hang of it. One basically made the Miata hers :lol:.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Deep Impact Blue is amazing. Glad you made the right move.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
My live in g/f says she know how to drive a manual (her car is an auto). She's still not driving my GT! She's said she's scared to anyway which to me is a bonus!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Happy wife = happy life.

1) If the boss isn't comfortable with manual transmission, and 2) the numbers regarding the trade and/or new purchase make sense to you... Then it's time to pull the trigger and hope your '18 gets in the order bank in time.

Edit:

And threads like this CLICK HERE don't make the A10 sound bad at all... once paired with the 3.55 rear. :cool:
Best advice on this thread!

Last edited:

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Gratz on the decision. She's a beauty. Glad you kept her. Enjoy!!!

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
How is it stupid have you read the other threads on here!
It's stupid IF it puts you upside down on the 15-17. If you wind up having basically the same monthly payment, it's not stupid at all. That's my opinion, at least. :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's stupid IF it puts you upside down on the 15-17. If you wind up having basically the same monthly payment, it's not stupid at all. That's my opinion, at least. :cheers:
It's stupid financially if you extend your debt another 3-4 years. If you are at 0% financing it's perfectly fine. If you don't increase your debt in any way, go nuts. Even having the same payment means that you are paying that much more in interest for however long you extended your loan.

I get it though. Cars are not an inherently logical purchase for us enthusiasts.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Just make her drive your car. My gf has never driven a manual until I forced her to drive my Mustang. I do not know why but she is just so scared of driving my car. She thinks she will ruin it... Even though I tell her that I do not care and I can replace a burned clutch...even though that will not happen (or is very unlikely). She keeps saying that she would prefer to learn on the Speed6 (which I finally got running), but that will be magnitudes harder cause of the low torque and four wheel drive.

I think it is easy to learn on a high torque V8. Nearly impossible to stall. I'm just gonna keep making her drive the Mustang until she has a handle on it :)
Sponsored