Sponsored

15+ Shelby GT350 Radiator Worth Changing/Upgrading to Aftermarket? Mishimoto, Cold Case ....?

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 , 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
Is it worth upgrading the radiator on a 2017 Shelby GT350? Has anybody done it? Is there any Temp differences?

I can get a Cold Case Aluminum Performance Radiator for a good price so i was just wondering.

Haven't seen if aftermarket radiators hold more coolant than the GT350 one?

Your Inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Worth it? Depends on your use case but I haven't seen a real reason for it. If you're constantly, heavily tracking the car in 100F+ weather, then I could see a reason why you'd want to upgrade.

I live in a hot part of the Bay Area, CA where we get plenty of 100+F days every summer and I've never had an issue with the car driving it on the street. I've done a few 100+F track days and those are the only times where I need to manage my temps by short shifting at 6-7k RPM but still beat the crap out of the car. It takes the abuse without skipping a beat. The stock cooling is pretty good in these cars.

Are you having issues with overheating?

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 , 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
Worth it? Depends on your use case but I haven't seen a real reason for it. If you're constantly, heavily tracking the car in 100F+ weather, then I could see a reason why you'd want to upgrade.

I live in a hot part of the Bay Area, CA where we get plenty of 100+F days every summer and I've never had an issue with the car driving it on the street. I've done a few 100+F track days and those are the only times where I need to manage my temps by short shifting at 6-7k RPM but still beat the crap out of the car. It takes the abuse without skipping a beat. The stock cooling is pretty good in these cars.

Are you having issues with overheating?
I'm in south FL so yeah it's kinda hot down here, but no, haven't had any overheating issues, i had never even thought of upgrading the radiator until now that i have the chance of getting one for a good price.

i was just wondering which i didn't see anywhere if an aftermarket one such as cold case radiator would hold more coolant than oem which should represent better cooling overall

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
I would use the money instead for a CoolShirt system to keep driver cool during track days instead of the engine 😎
Sponsored